Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (December)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (December)

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm

The joke's on us, because he's probably up hiking somewhere at 2,500 feet an hour right now.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:The joke's on us, because he's probably up hiking somewhere at 2,500 feet an hour right now.

I wouldn't be surprised!
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 pm

SilverLynx wrote:I would like to share my favorite quote of the evening:

"Must be nice... to be better than everyone else!"

The person who said it knows who he is! :lol:

=D> =D> =D> That's hilarious!

On a related note, how many people left their credit card at the Falling Rock overnight? I know of at least two (not me)...
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby Scotzman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Matt wrote:On a related note, how many people left their credit card at the Falling Rock overnight? I know of at least two (not me)...

Not me, but if it goes unclaimed I'd be happy to go pick it up and pay off my parking ticket with it :P
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby kansas » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 am

skittlesboy360 wrote:Did Darrin pay $5 to attend the Cowboy bar? He gets a complimentary headset at the next happy hour.

We actually tried to follow since we were completely abandoned. Cute cowboys with headsets asking us for money had us running away.

I was just a lost hick in the big city with impaired decision making abilities. Last thing I remember about that night was being surrounded by a bunch of Garth Brooks impersonators.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby AndYouSeeMe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 am

Matt wrote:
SilverLynx wrote:I would like to share my favorite quote of the evening:

"Must be nice... to be better than everyone else!"

The person who said it knows who he is! :lol:

=D> =D> =D> That's hilarious!

On a related note, how many people left their credit card at the Falling Rock overnight? I know of at least two (not me)...

Not sure who said that but he/she must have been a little tipsy and MAY have had to be reminded he/she said that. :)

And I will admit to being among those who forgot their CC at the bar. Wasn't the tenth time, doubt it'll be the last :lol:

Great seeing everyone though!

Previous