Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (December)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (December)

Postby mtgirl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm

That tornado over your head looks mighty scary.......ahhhh, nevermind.....I see the photo was removed..... ](*,)
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Postby semitrueskerm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm

{Photo Removed by stalker at the request of the stalkee; stalker recommends those who wish to see photo to search semitrueskern on the Book of Faces.}[/quote]

Flattered that you are stalking me, I think... #-o

You are kind of a cute fella, but.... :-k

Not sure I'm going to share a tent with you. =;

"Those aren't pillows!!!!" [-(

Postby MonGoose » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:43 pm

semistrueskerm,

This is your second consecutive failure to attend your own award ceremony. [-X

If you miss the third one, your trophy may be revoked. Which honestly would be a lot easier and less time consuming than waiting 7 years before opening up a doping investigation on your championship years.

Postby mike_kadow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Can't say how long I'll last tonight having been up since 2am and a birthday tomorrow, but am meeting a flatlander 14er virgin friend fresh off a flight from Wisco, in hopes of her taking a shine to the 14er crowd and getting up one someday. Please be nice! :-"

Game on! \:D/

EDIT: Oh, and we're planning to hit the WI bar, Swanky's, across the street afterward for any of you WI fans interested in joining.
Last edited by mike_kadow on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jaw825 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:42 pm

I finally don't have to work. I'll try and make this one.
-Jacob

Postby tommyboy360 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:44 am

Jerry and I closed down the joint. Somehow the "mayor" took his crew over to some "cowboy" joint which was a $5 cover charge being asked by the biggest cheese whiz of the night. Party foul on Jeff for moving the folks off an anniversary night to a night club with a cheese-ASS urban brat packer cowboy on headset asking for $5. One word = GAPER move.

Jerry and I closed it proper. Kara has the only proper photo of the anniversary crew at closing.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby d_baker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 am

tommyboy360 wrote:Jerry and I closed down the joint. Somehow the "mayor" took his crew over to some "cowboy" joint which was a $5 cover charge being asked by the biggest cheese whiz of the night. Party foul on Jeff for moving the folks off an anniversary night to a night club with a cheese-ASS urban brat packer cowboy on headset asking for $5. One word = GAPER move.

Jerry and I closed it proper. Kara has the only proper photo of the anniversary crew at closing.

GAPER move is two words. ;)

Postby I Man » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 am

tommyboy360 wrote:Somehow the "mayor" took his crew over to some "cowboy" joint

First public use of the term? Well done, sir. =D>
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 am

tommyboy360 wrote:Jerry and I closed down the joint. Somehow the "mayor" took his crew over to some "cowboy" joint which was a $5 cover charge being asked by the biggest cheese whiz of the night. Party foul on Jeff for moving the folks off an anniversary night to a night club with a cheese-ASS urban brat packer cowboy on headset asking for $5. One word = GAPER move.

I accept this party foul and am awaiting the ruling of the commish on the proper punishment.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby tommyboy360 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:38 am

Did Darrin pay $5 to attend the Cowboy bar? He gets a complimentary headset at the next happy hour.

We actually tried to follow since we were completely abandoned. Cute cowboys with headsets asking us for money had us running away.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 pm

I would like to share my favorite quote of the evening:

"Must be nice... to be better than everyone else!"

The person who said it knows who he is! :lol:
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Scotzman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:57 pm

SilverLynx wrote:I would like to share my favorite quote of the evening:

"Must be nice... to be better than everyone else!"

The person who said it knows who he is! :lol:
=D>
haha, or maybe he doesn't remember...
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

PreviousNext