Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:21 pm

I dig it! :wink:
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Our very own MountainMedic, ladies and gentlemen!

Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Brian Thomas » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Public Enemy at the Ogden Theater last night (Chuck D rapping and Flavor Flav on bass):
public-enemy.JPG
public-enemy.JPG (71.47 KiB) Viewed 447 times

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby skerryjones » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 pm

I saw Public Enemy back in 1991 at the Mammoth (now the Fillmore), along with Anthrax and Primus. They all put on a good show then. Was Public Enemy still good?

Postby Johnson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 pm

Since it's 12.12.12 and the next time we'll see that is the year 2112, I am posting this to commemorate RUSH 2112.

In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby Kiefer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Johnson wrote:Since it's 12.12.12 and the next time we'll see that is the year 2112, I am posting this to commemorate RUSH 2112.

Hell ya Barry!!!
Did you see Rush was FINALLY inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame this year? Long overdue.

Postby rijaca » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Clapton did this little number tonight at the 12.12.12 concert...

"Spent a little time on the mountain
Spent a little time on the hill"

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Really diggin this Rush theme Kiefer and Johnson! Got to see them at Red Rocks 3 years, sick s**t :-D

Like many Rush songs, I love the progression in this song:

Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby metalmountain » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 am

Rush is tasty:)

Coheed and Cambria has always had a bit of a Rush flavor to them as well at times. They have been one of my faves for a long time.

"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby I Man » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:38 am

metalmountain wrote:Rush is tasty:)

Coheed and Cambria has always had a bit of a Rush flavor to them as well at times. They have been one of my faves for a long time.

wouldn't have picked you for a Coheed guy. I enjoyed them quite a bit years ago. Still haven't seen them live. I think I still like their first album the best, "Second Stage"
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby bergsteigen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:20 am

This band and song have been resonating with me for a while now

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby metalmountain » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 pm

bergsteigen wrote:This band and song have been resonating with me for a while now

The hipster in me loves their new album 'Babel', its just a very good album from beginning to end. If you haven't picked it up I would recommend it. The metal in me hates the hipster in me though...I have a headache.

:fight:
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

PreviousNext