Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Deal? SD's Revival50 for $99 today

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Deal? SD's Revival50 for $99 today

Postby TallGrass » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:22 am

Woot's got some Sierra Designs' Revival 50 backpacks for $105 after shipping. Looks like the women's (Jubilee50) is sold out.
http://sport.woot.com/offers/sierra-designs-backpack-your-choice
Anyone got experience with these? Good deal? Don't have a dedicated full-feature hiking pack. Figure something like this would be good for a multi-day like Capitol.
ImageImage
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Re: Deal? SD's Revival50 for $99 today

Postby bken » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 am

I purchased the revival 65 from steepandcheap a few weeks ago for ~$80. I haven't had a chance to take it out on a multi-day trip, but I've been impressed so far on the short hikes I've taken to make sure it fits me well. It seems well made, durable, and the unique frame design does a great job allowing the pack to move with you. Time will tell, but at $80-$100 I definitely feel like the 65 was a great deal...so I'd probably say the same about the 50 as well.

Re: Deal? SD's Revival50 for $99 today

Postby TallGrass » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks, bken. Looked "revival" up on http://www.sacalerts.com/history.php and found the 65L version has come up for $77 (+$10 ship) every now and then -- 15L more for $20 less. :roll: Saw it came up today (maybe because of Woot?) and noted they often re-offer on the same day which I just caught. Have to see which capacity suits me best.
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink: