Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Report your 2012 List Completions!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Report your 2012 List Completions!

Postby bob863 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 am

of course, if anyone is really interested in gps accuracy.....here's the official U.S. government statement...

http://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/

Postby boudreaux » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:45 am

Shhhh!, don't tell anybody, but I foolishly did Castle Rock 79 times this past summer, other than that I did 2 peaks, Ouray and Mt Shasta in Cali. Nothing really to report.
Ragin Cajun

Postby Teresa Gergen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 am

Mountain Ninja wrote:Question about those pages:

The top entry on the fourteeners page, #1437 Buzz Frum, seems to have finally submitted his fourteener completion stats this year, even though he finished in 1966. (An amazing accomplishment, might I add!)

But, what's confusing me is: the top entry on the 100 Highest Peaks, Paul Johnson, is #60. Then everyone following him starts their numbering at 192. Who was #60 in the previous pages, and why did Paul Johnson get the #60 spot, instead of #191 (or #192)?

The 14er list has been kept in order of submission for as long as I've been a CMC member. They've historically gathered only the month and year of completion, and I believe any tie-breakers are done by secondarily sorting in alphabetical order. It was probably decided at some point that it would be impossible to keep re-ordering such a large list, given that exact dates from decades past aren't known.

The 13er and below lists have exact completion dates, and have always been re-ordered.

I suspect it's only in more recent years, with the advent of online forums like this, that word has spread that the CMC keeps these lists and past completions can be reported.

Previous