Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Columbia Conditions

Colorado 14er peak questions, condition requests and other info. 14er Trip Reports, Condition Reports

Columbia Conditions

Postby krussell » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 am

Has anyone been up Columbia recently? Due to the lack of snow, I'm contemplating an attempt this weekend, December 8th or 9th, 2012. Thanks!

Re: Columbia Conditions

Postby RobertPetrowsky » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am

I drove by yesterday around sunset and it appears the only snow is on the normal couloirs on the eastern side near french gulch. It is extremely thin, just a small thread of snow here and there. Birthday Peak behind Columbia and Harvard looked to have a bit more cover, and I expect the closer you get to the divide the deeper it will be. I think you could probably drive to the th and hike most of the way, if not all of the way, in regular shoes.

Postby SpringsHiker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm

A shot of Columbia from West Buffalo Peak this past Sunday, 12/2:
Attachments
Columbia-Harvard 12-2-12.jpg
Columbia-Harvard 12-2-12.jpg (48.55 KiB) Viewed 243 times
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"

Postby krussell » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Thank you guys so much for both the description and the photo!