Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing Gym

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Climbing Gym

Postby B[3] » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 am

It's time for 14ers.com members to Storm The Spot! Anyone else find the $40 Psychedelia fee to be a deterrent? Well, there's still time to check out the comp problems! We're planning to hit The Spot at 6pm tonight--JOIN US! With a strong enough showing, maybe we can overwhelm the "normals."
Learn from the mistakes of others--you can never live long enough to make them all yourself.--Unknown
Don't chase your dreams, catch them.--Unknown

Postby MrJohnnySpot » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:35 am

I climb at Movement. I have a friend that keeps telling me he'll teach me how to lead, but he initially said that in early July and here it is October and I have had zero experience. That being said, I typically go Monday/Thursdays and another day or two just to lift and/or boulder. However, I don't go more often simply for a lack of partners and/or the partners that are available aren't interested in either top-roping or teaching me how to lead. So, if anyone wants to go, or already has a membership, and is either willing to top rope or teach me how to lead I'm definitely down to have more climbing partners. FWIW, depending on the route, and how I feel on a given day, I can do (maybe only 1-3/day) 11a/11b's clean and typically have been climbing in the 10b-d range with trying to build up some endurance as my usual sessions, mostly I think because I got so used to bouldering and going all out because of other partners lack of time, are 1-2.5 hours.

Postby I Man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Last edited by I Man on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby skerryjones » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 pm

If anyone wants to climb at CityRock in CO Springs during weekday evenings, I try to go there about once a week.

Postby I Man » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 am

skerryjones wrote:If anyone wants to climb at CityRock in CO Springs during weekday evenings, I try to go there about once a week.

Kerry - I might be willing to drive down some weeknight as I haven't been there. I am also curious about the dry tooling.

Climbed at Movement for the first time last night. I think I might like BRC better, but Movement did have a lot to offer (like WAY WAY over-rated routes to inflate the ego :lol: )

Back to the home base of ThrillSeekers tonight - 7pm with a large group for anyone interested.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby 14erkid » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm

I will be RJ2 in Centennial today from about 2 to 5 or 6. Just look for me in a green shirt and red climbing shoes!

Postby I Man » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 am

RNJ 1 in Thornton around 730pm tonight

Postby vallejoclmbr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 pm

@ thrillseekers tonight after 6:30 with Serac Zack

Postby mtn_nut » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:28 pm

I'll be at R&J1 tomorrow night (after 6), and CityRock in the springs on saturday afternoon (after 4) for their ice night.

If anyone wants to climb with me at either, pm me.

Postby I Man » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 am

RNJ 1 (Thornton) tonight around 6pm.

Postby SeracZack » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 am

Earth Treks Climbing Centers is thrilled to announce that we’re coming to Golden Colorado! Founded in 1990, Earth Treks operates three premier indoor climbing centers in Maryland including Earth Treks Rockville, which boasts the largest climbing wall in the nation. That’s right; Earth Treks is saddled up and headed west to the Rocky Mountain state!

Slated to be open in late 2013, Earth Treks Golden’s 29,000 sq ft building will be built from the ground up. After more than 15 years of running climbing gyms, we’ve learned a lesson or two about what makes a climbing gym great. First we’ll start with over 25,000 sq. ft. of climbing with walls up to 48 ft high, including tons of bouldering and roped climbing for all ages and abilities. Next we’ll add key amenities like a huge fitness center, dedicated strength training area, yoga facilities, and locker rooms with all the bells and whistles. Finally we add our commitment to excellent customer service and a welcoming climbing community. At Earth Treks, it’s our mission to “share our passion for climbing,” and we are thrilled and honored to have the opportunity to deliver on that promise in Golden.

About the wall: We encourage you to look at our gyms in Maryland for hints about where we are headed on design. We are committed to delivering a next generation gym, evolving from 15 years of customer feedback and extensive consultation with route setters, competition climbers and gym owners. A great gym starts with thoughtful design, but allows for continuous renovations. All of our gyms have been expanded and/or renovated in the past few years. Our Rockville, MD gym has over 38,000 sq. ft. of climbing walls. While size isn’t the most important thing, great route setting and varied terrain help keep our members happy.

Location, location, location. Earth Treks Golden is just 15 minutes from downtown Denver and conveniently located near the intersection of Rt. 6, I-70 and C-470. The new Golden light rail station due to open this winter is less than a ten minute walk away. Before we are even open, the city will be constructing pedestrian paths and a bridge that will take you right to our door. The gym will have ample parking—whether you arrive by car or bike.

Earth Treks expects to break ground in March.

Keep tabs on all the exciting developments as they unfold at http://www.earthtreksclimbing.com and the Earth Treks Golden Facebook Page
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby I Man » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Anyone up for RNJ 2 in Centennial around 6pm?

PreviousNext