Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Season Pass at Breck

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Season Pass at Breck

Postby SKIBREC » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 pm

hope no one was waiting til the snow comes to buy a pass at Breck.....price for one as of today....$2250.00 bucks..............up from $549.00 yesterday............is any ski area in the USA that high?
Mike & Gail

There's no such thing as bad weather... just the wrong gear

Re: Season Pass at Breck

Postby shaunster_co » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm not sure why anyone would pay to ski at Breck in the first place...even if they had the Epic / Epic local pass. Especially when you can get a TWO-season pass to A-basin right up the road for $499, or Copper for $399.

Postby aliciaf » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:31 pm

The Epic Pass is such a good deal - I don't know why anyone would wait till now to buy a pass when the Epic Pass is so much cheaper in advance.

Highest place I know of for season passes is Killington, who charges $1350 for unlimited skiing for a season.

Postby TravelingMatt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm

aliciaf wrote:Highest place I know of for season passes is Killington, who charges $1350 for unlimited skiing for a season.

Aspen was $1599 this year if you bought before September 15. $1959 now.

http://www.aspensnowmass.com/en/plan-your-vacation/season-passes
So pleas'd at first the towering Alps we try,
Mount o'er the vales, and seem to tread the sky,
Th' increasing prospects tire our wand'ring eyes,
Hills peep o'er hills, and Alps on Alps arise!
-- Alexander Pope

Postby Doug Shaw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:38 pm

SKIBREC wrote:hope no one was waiting til the snow comes to buy a pass at Breck.....price for one as of today....$2250.00 bucks..............up from $549.00 yesterday............is any ski area in the USA that high?

Still not as high as the people who pay for one of them. That's just absurd.

Postby ajkagy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:45 pm

TravelingMatt wrote:
aliciaf wrote:Highest place I know of for season passes is Killington, who charges $1350 for unlimited skiing for a season.

Aspen was $1599 this year if you bought before September 15. $1959 now.

http://www.aspensnowmass.com/en/plan-your-vacation/season-passes

gotta remember that is 4 mtns though, aspen/highlands/snowmass/buttermilk which highlands alone beats any of the vail pass resorts. T-ride and CB are both over 1k even if you got them early.
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby MuchosPixels » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:33 am

Right now none of those ski areas are worth skiing at all and won't be for a while. Window ticket prices should be proportional to the amount of terrain open or on a scale related to it. Who the hell is gonna pay $100 a day (window price) to ski 2% of Vail. I mean, just the fact that a ski area has the audacity to charge their full price for only a fraction of their facilities and terrain is immoral at best.

Postby dnye » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 am

If they undercut the daily lift ticket price they are ripping off their season pass holders. It is no different charging full price for their limited terrain than the Rockies charging full price to attend a baseball game this past year.

Postby SolarAlex » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 am

definitely my last year buying an epic pass. the crowds at vail resorts are so absurd its just not worth it.

Postby MuchosPixels » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 am

SolarAlex wrote:definitely my last year buying an epic pass. the crowds at vail resorts are so absurd its just not worth it.

The EPIC pass at less than $700 is actually a very good deal and IMHO the best deal in skiing.

At least in the baseball game you get the 9 innings. Imagine paying for the ticket and only getting one.

Postby ajkagy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 am

MuchosPixels wrote:
SolarAlex wrote:definitely my last year buying an epic pass. the crowds at vail resorts are so absurd its just not worth it.

The EPIC pass at less than $700 is actually a very good deal and IMHO the best deal in skiing.

At least in the baseball game you get the 9 innings. Imagine paying for the ticket and only getting one.

the age old debate of quantity vs. quality :)
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby Jim Davies » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 am

I'd say the Rockies only gave about 80% this year, so the comparison of their season ticket holders with Epic Pass holders is appropriate.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Next