Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Help Me and Help out 14ers.com!!!!!!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Help Me and Help out 14ers.com!!!!!!!

Postby jmoney » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Hey ya'll I know this should be in "off-route" and it is, but I wanted to generate more exposure since "off-route" isn't displayed on the main screen. Hoping Bill won't mind since it could bring in a little funding for the site :-D

I'm doing a little mini-study for my developmental psych course and need subjects ASAP. All you have to do is fill out an anonymous survey, with pretty typical demographic info. Here's the kicker, WE'LL DONATE $2 TO 14ers.com FOR EVERY PARTICIPANT RECRUITED FROM THE WEBSITE. I'd do more but I'm a broke full-time student/slash ski bum.

To be eligible you have to spend at least 10% of your time or approximately 36 days per year engaging in sports with an inherent risk of death. More is OK also. To standardize this we're looking at skiing, rock climbing and mountaineering. Days spent doing any combination of the following will suffice:
1. Backcountry skiing in avalanche terrain >~30 degrees
2. Mountaineering on Class 3 routes and above or steep snow, particularly with an exposure rating of 4/6 or greater.
3. Big Wall Climbing on 5.10 or above or difficult routes with R or X ratings.

If you're interested please email me at JMonnahan2163@student.wvc.edu. Include a VERY brief resume and some examples of the above. I know some folks keep a log of this so if that's the case feel free to just attach it. Also make sure to reference 14ers.
Cheers, J

PS. I NEED PARTICIPANTS ASAP AS I JUST FOUND OUT THE PROJECT IS DUE NEXT WED DEC 7TH. I'm sure no one will judge since I've been out snowboarding and climbing instead!!
"Extreme skiing is more like controlled falling"

Re: Help Me and Help out 14ers.com!!!!!!!

Postby jmoney » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:13 pm

bump
"Extreme skiing is more like controlled falling"

Postby tylermacguire » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Does snowboarding count as "skiing" or are multiple planks a requirement???

Postby GeezerClimber » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:33 pm

36 days a year is a pretty limited audience. I figure I have six days this year that meet the criteria.

Dave

Postby Jim Davies » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:26 pm

If you included bike riding on busy streets you might get more responses. As it stands, I might have 8 days that qualify this year.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

Postby GeezerClimber » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:17 pm

You could add white water rafting, hang gliding, base jumping, scuba diving and road and oval auto racing.

Dave