Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Wagon Wheel Cabins - Lake City

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Wagon Wheel Cabins - Lake City

Postby DenneyR » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Has anyone ever stayed or has any info on Wagon Wheel Cabins in Lake City?

Re: Wagon Wheel Cabins - Lake City

Postby LuLuLuv » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Yes, I have stayed in 4 different hotels/cabins in Lake City and really like the Wagon Wheel. I've stayed there twice, and it really would be my first choice in the future again. It has a country charm and the people who run it are very nice. You might also take a look at Pleasant View cabins if the Wagon Wheel isn't available.

Postby DenneyR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:06 am

LuLuLuv wrote:Yes, I have stayed in 4 different hotels/cabins in Lake City and really like the Wagon Wheel. I've stayed there twice, and it really would be my first choice in the future again. It has a country charm and the people who run it are very nice. You might also take a look at Pleasant View cabins if the Wagon Wheel isn't available.

Thanks for the info and recommendation. I'll call both of them

Postby DeTour » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 pm

+1 on the Wagon Wheel. Stayed twice, different cabins, both charming, rustic. Of course I'm a sucker for pine paneling, cuz I grew up in a home where that was the interior.

Bear visits both times. Last fall we arrived at dusk and the guy at the desk was so concerned about getting trash put away before the bear came around, he wouldn't take a credit card at check-in. He basically threw us a key and headed out to get the trash. Next morning, my brother stepped out on the porch at daybreak and saw a bear scurrying away. The first time, in 2008, a bear went dumpster-diving overnight right outside our room - pried off a metal top and left trash strewn all over the ground all around. We slept right through it.

I guess some people might not consider that kind of thing to be an attraction, but we loved it.
when you come to a fork in the road, take it.