Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Help me go Dogsledding in Sweden!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Help me go Dogsledding in Sweden!

Postby KateWLU » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:26 pm

How sweet to offer, but for the record, I don't need any of y'all's money.
And I'm not looking to shed my southern srattitude anytime soon, either. :)

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm

I voted for you. Good luck! :wink:
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby zdero1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:22 am

Right on, Crusty! She is stunning.

Postby susanjoypaul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:17 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:If I pose topless, will people stop trying to use 14ers.com for personal, non-elevation gain? ](*,)

Nope.

But if you pose topless on a 14er and submit the photo to a contest like this one, I can guarantee that just about everybody on this site will vote for you.

Postby Presto » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:37 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:If I pose topless, will people stop trying to use 14ers.com for personal, non-elevation gain? ](*,)

by susanjoy paul
Nope.

But if you pose topless on a 14er and submit the photo to a contest like this one, I can guarantee that just about everybody on this site will vote for you.

\:D/ Yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' about. =D> If you do that Bill, could you please be a bit festive about it ... you know ... hang a little holly ... dangle a few jingle bells ... hohoho and all that stuff. :-" :mrgreen:
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby susanjoypaul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:41 am

Presto wrote: \:D/ Yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' about. =D> If you do that Bill, could you please be a bit festive about it ... you know ... hang a little holly ... dangle a few jingle bells ... hohoho and all that stuff. :-" :mrgreen:

Ho ho indeed. I'm liking this more by the minute... and I personally would not want to go up against Bill "PecMan" Middlebrook in a boobs-baring contest. I'm afraid the results might be humiliating!

All the also-rans would be forced to take their dogsleds and toddle off to... somewhere other than Sweden :-D

Postby MonGoose » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:09 am

KateWLU,
Your photos are nice, but everybody has summit photos. If you really want attention, you have to do something creative. If you were to make a dance video on a summit, then I could really get behind your cause.

Draw some inspiration from the professionals:
http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37945

Postby iamthemarmot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:43 pm

susanjoypaul wrote:

Nope.

He'd better not have any of these suggestive, camera behind the back photos... :lol:
I believe there's something to be said for exploring beautiful places. It's good for the spirit. David Scott

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Oh no, it would be full-on topless.
susanjoypaul wrote:
Presto wrote: \:D/ Yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' about. =D> If you do that Bill, could you please be a bit festive about it ... you know ... hang a little holly ... dangle a few jingle bells ... hohoho and all that stuff. :-" :mrgreen:

Ho ho indeed. I'm liking this more by the minute... and I personally would not want to go up against Bill "PecMan" Middlebrook in a boobs-baring contest. I'm afraid the results might be humiliating!

All the also-rans would be forced to take their dogsleds and toddle off to... somewhere other than Sweden :-D

Ok, that's funny! Where's my camera?!
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 pm

This is the best I can do for now, and might be appropriate for this thread...
DSC02648a.jpg
DSC02648a.jpg (77.83 KiB) Viewed 207 times

Postby susanjoypaul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:35 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:This is the best I can do for now, and might be appropriate for this thread...

Where's the man cleavage? You know, Grays'n Torreys? Sunshine'n Redcloud? Shav'n Tab? Or whatever you call those massive man-maries? This is a competition!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 pm

I prefer Wilson Twins, thank you

PreviousNext