Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.
User avatar
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby Slow Moving Fun Seeker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Dog poo that has been put into a plastic bag. And then left on the side of the trail for the "help" to clean up.
We are not passengers; we are crew.

User avatar
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:50 am

That we've come to a point in society where everyone feels that the world some how cares about their personal lives, thoughts and opinions everything. (which is kind of ironic for a post on the internet, hahahaha)

Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

User avatar
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: waiting to see if my doom is impending

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby DeucesWild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 am

J-RockandRockpile wrote:Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.


I have a good friend, who I thought had some critical ability, who told me last week that she didn't like Obama, and would not vote for him because he wouldn't go to Arlington to show respect for America's fallen. I took her Iphone, punched in Obama and Arlington and got hundreds of images to prove otherwise, then handed the phone back to her. She looked...stupidly embarrassed.

If you are stupid enough to believe everything you're told at face value, you deserve whatever you get. Especially if you get it from Fox News or their compadres.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

User avatar
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 pm

DeucesWild wrote:
J-RockandRockpile wrote:Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.


If you are stupid enough to believe everything you're told at face value, you deserve whatever you get. Especially if you get it from Fox News or their compadres.


This is kind of the same thing I was talking about - are CNN, MSNBC, CSPAN, NBC, NPR and all the other 'new media' exempt from providing us with faulty information or is it just Fox?
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

User avatar
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: waiting to see if my doom is impending

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby DeucesWild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:43 pm

J-RockandRockpile wrote:
DeucesWild wrote:
J-RockandRockpile wrote:Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.


If you are stupid enough to believe everything you're told at face value, you deserve whatever you get. Especially if you get it from Fox News or their compadres.


This is kind of the same thing I was talking about - are CNN, MSNBC, CSPAN, NBC, NPR and all the other 'new media' exempt from providing us with faulty information or is it just Fox?


Those other news agencies you mentioned have a much better track record than Fox does. If you had 6 or 7 people on 14ers.com who had a ton of experience saying one thing about the nature of a particular route, and you had one outlier who has a reputation of giving shaky advice saying something else about that route, who would you believe?

Also, any agency that has a slogan "Fair and Balanced" is obviously not fair and balanced. It's an old Soviet trick. "Pravda", which means "truth" was anything but truthful.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

User avatar
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:58 pm

By no means am I defending Fox, just simply saying the other agencies arn't 100% guilt free.

You could have 7 people telling me the same thing and I would probably be inclined to believe them but before I truly made my decision and start to regurgitate everything I might be inclined to verify these things for myself and in so doing might find truths that were omitted to further strength the group of 7s point.
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

User avatar
Posts: 680
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby zoriloco » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Couldnt agree more.


J-RockandRockpile wrote:That we've come to a point in society where everyone feels that the world some how cares about their personal lives, thoughts and opinions everything. (which is kind of ironic for a post on the internet, hahahaha)

Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.

Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Evergreen, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby LostSole » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 pm

J-RockandRockpile wrote:By no means am I defending Fox, just simply saying the other agencies arn't 100% guilt free.

You could have 7 people telling me the same thing and I would probably be inclined to believe them but before I truly made my decision and start to regurgitate everything I might be inclined to verify these things for myself and in so doing might find truths that were omitted to further strength the group of 7s point.



I agree, just because a group of media agrees doesn't make it so, you have to think for yourself.

Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 pm
Location: Massillon, Ohio

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby bking14ers » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:21 am

Slow Moving Fun Seeker wrote:Dog poo that has been put into a plastic bag. And then left on the side of the trail for the "help" to clean up.

Unfortunatly I see this all the time on my trails here at home. STUPID!!! Personaly I am a person who will stop and pick up trash along a trail, and at the trail head. Sometimes I need a full size garbage bag.
Now back to the point... I hate living so far from Colorado that flying is more practical than driving.

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aardvark, Broken Knee, claguire, drbobjr, Gene913, thebeave7, Tom Stockton and 28 guests