Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.
User avatar
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 am

That we've come to a point in society where everyone feels that the world some how cares about their personal lives, thoughts and opinions everything. (which is kind of ironic for a post on the internet, hahahaha)

Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

User avatar
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: waiting to see if my doom is impending

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby DeucesWild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:26 am

J-RockandRockpile wrote:Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.


I have a good friend, who I thought had some critical ability, who told me last week that she didn't like Obama, and would not vote for him because he wouldn't go to Arlington to show respect for America's fallen. I took her Iphone, punched in Obama and Arlington and got hundreds of images to prove otherwise, then handed the phone back to her. She looked...stupidly embarrassed.

If you are stupid enough to believe everything you're told at face value, you deserve whatever you get. Especially if you get it from Fox News or their compadres.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

User avatar
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 am

DeucesWild wrote:
J-RockandRockpile wrote:Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.


If you are stupid enough to believe everything you're told at face value, you deserve whatever you get. Especially if you get it from Fox News or their compadres.


This is kind of the same thing I was talking about - are CNN, MSNBC, CSPAN, NBC, NPR and all the other 'new media' exempt from providing us with faulty information or is it just Fox?
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

User avatar
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: waiting to see if my doom is impending

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby DeucesWild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm

J-RockandRockpile wrote:
DeucesWild wrote:
J-RockandRockpile wrote:Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.


If you are stupid enough to believe everything you're told at face value, you deserve whatever you get. Especially if you get it from Fox News or their compadres.


This is kind of the same thing I was talking about - are CNN, MSNBC, CSPAN, NBC, NPR and all the other 'new media' exempt from providing us with faulty information or is it just Fox?


Those other news agencies you mentioned have a much better track record than Fox does. If you had 6 or 7 people on 14ers.com who had a ton of experience saying one thing about the nature of a particular route, and you had one outlier who has a reputation of giving shaky advice saying something else about that route, who would you believe?

Also, any agency that has a slogan "Fair and Balanced" is obviously not fair and balanced. It's an old Soviet trick. "Pravda", which means "truth" was anything but truthful.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

User avatar
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 pm

By no means am I defending Fox, just simply saying the other agencies arn't 100% guilt free.

You could have 7 people telling me the same thing and I would probably be inclined to believe them but before I truly made my decision and start to regurgitate everything I might be inclined to verify these things for myself and in so doing might find truths that were omitted to further strength the group of 7s point.
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

User avatar
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:05 pm
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby zoriloco » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Couldnt agree more.


J-RockandRockpile wrote:That we've come to a point in society where everyone feels that the world some how cares about their personal lives, thoughts and opinions everything. (which is kind of ironic for a post on the internet, hahahaha)

Also, the fact that very little people take the time to educate themselves any more and just run with whatever it is they hear on the street or t.v. w/o doing any further research into the matters at hand.

Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: Evergreen, CO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby LostSole » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:43 pm

J-RockandRockpile wrote:By no means am I defending Fox, just simply saying the other agencies arn't 100% guilt free.

You could have 7 people telling me the same thing and I would probably be inclined to believe them but before I truly made my decision and start to regurgitate everything I might be inclined to verify these things for myself and in so doing might find truths that were omitted to further strength the group of 7s point.



I agree, just because a group of media agrees doesn't make it so, you have to think for yourself.

Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:55 pm
Location: Massillon, Ohio

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby bking14ers » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 am

Slow Moving Fun Seeker wrote:Dog poo that has been put into a plastic bag. And then left on the side of the trail for the "help" to clean up.

Unfortunatly I see this all the time on my trails here at home. STUPID!!! Personaly I am a person who will stop and pick up trash along a trail, and at the trail head. Sometimes I need a full size garbage bag.
Now back to the point... I hate living so far from Colorado that flying is more practical than driving.

User avatar
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:39 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

The Airing Of Grievances

Postby GreenHorn » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:14 pm

This is completely out of season, but rather than starting a new thread I'm bring back this old one - especially since it was started by one of my favorite characters. I've got a lot of problems with you people, and I had a crappy week so here it is...

First off, F Barney the bear. Did someone actually name this A-hole? He couldn't stay out of other peoples sh!t, and he got what he deserved. I doubt anyone would be boo-hooing about the death of Marty the Marmot who's been eating brake lines all summer. Why does anyone give a damn about an A-hole bear. The shooter did everyone a favor and saved an "understaffed" DOW from having to deal with it. We have plenty of bears. If someone shoots a Sasquatch, then you can be upset. Enough about the damn bear!

Second, that Nolan's thread was an unbelievable sh!t-show. The lengths some posters would go to in order to discredit the accomplishment of two very impressive athletes was staggering. They did what they set out to do; congratulate them and move on.

Now we have multiple car threads at the same time and every one has discussion of a Jeep F'n Liberty. Are you kidding me? I didn't know there were so many of those pole-smoking cars still on the road, and to top it off, the actual pole-smoking thread has apparently been lost!

Finally, I have to agree with Matt that the punctuation and sentence structure on the forum is atrocious. We don't need to be perfect, but at least make an effort people.

User avatar
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:30 am
Location: Fort Collins

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby 12ersRule » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:35 pm

If deuce were here today I think he'd bemoan the passing of barney the bear, the disappearance of upstate hiker, and the lack of humor in general on 14ers.com.

User avatar
Posts: 1870
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:47 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby highpilgrim » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:39 pm

GreenHorn wrote:This is completely out of season, but rather than starting a new thread I'm bring back this old one - especially since it was started by one of my favorite characters.


As a distant relative of the implied Deuce, I think he would be proud of your post. And his brother Ace, recently freed on a work-release program, agrees completely with the absolute lack of entertainment on the forum, Strawser excepted.

I hope your doldrums improve quickly, Greenhorn.

And, on a side note to the Bird above, I think it was Upstate Hiker...the Evil Queen.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:39 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Early Festivus Thread - The Airing Of Grievances

Postby GreenHorn » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Thanks, Pilgrim. I'm heading west in a week, so things are looking up.

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mtnhigh358, rdp32, Shaolin, Usher73 and 24 guests