Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Monday 11/19

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Monday 11/19

Postby DanR » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm looking for partners for this coming Monday - I was thinking about heading to the LCW and doing either the "Alphabetizer" or McCurdy Mountain but I am open to other ideas as well. Please post or PM if interested.

thanks,
Dan

Re: Monday 11/19

Postby boudreaux » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:43 pm

What time are you planning to start and what have you decided to do? I might be interested in doing the Alpha if we start early.
Ragin Cajun

Postby DanR » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Haven't decided yet, though with a partner Alphabetizer is my preference. I'd tentatively propose hitting the trail around seven, though I could do somewhat earlier if necessary. I'll be driving up in the morning and would be happy to carpool.

Postby boudreaux » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Would a 5 am start be too early? I've done a X and Y, but how long to do you estimate the whole thing?
Ragin Cajun

Postby DanR » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Since a social event this evening means I can't head up and camp at the trailhead, 5 am is earlier than I'm interested in for tomorrow. If there's a hard time constraint then I usually prefer to do something that requires a shorter drive and get more sleep.

It sounds like RT distance/elevation is on the order of 10 miles and 3800 feet. I tend to keep a fairly quick pace, and would estimate a duration of 6-8 hours depending on the amount of required bushwhacking, how long we hang out on summits and simply how I'm feeling. I'm happy to vary my speed to try to match partners, but that of course makes it tougher for me to estimate.

Anyways, if we can't figure out a timing for tomorrow that works for both of us then I'd be happy to either do something closer or just try to link up another day.

Postby boudreaux » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Do you hike a lot on Mondays? Maybe we can hook up at a later date, cause I normally hike on Mondays! I do have a commitment in the afternoon so a later start won't work! I go at a good pace, but I hike by myself a lot, so I don't have the opportunity to match another's pace. Post some pictures Dan! Peak X is really beautiful. Take Care!
Ragin Cajun