Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Postby zdero1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Kush- I second that emotion.

Postby d_baker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm thankful that I'm getting assigned to a job in Co Springs, and I have a house-sitting gig while I'm there! Gypsy days and hotels will be left behind for a little while.....and there's a summit somewhere in CO that I'll be standing on soon.

Anna, your original post has parts that belong in the Like a Soap Opera thread. ;)
anna wrote: Where's the "Like a Soap Opera" thread when you need it?

Postby d_baker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:39 pm

But what if I am the Deuce?

Edit: I might be suffering from AMS, or lack of mountains. Disregard comment above. ;)

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm

d_baker wrote:But what if I am the Deuce?

Edit: I might be suffering from AMS, or lack of mountains. Disregard comment above. ;)

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby DeucesWild » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm

anna wrote: Hey maybe you and Deucy can finally get together and sing Kumbaya. :mrgreen:

My brother Ace may be back in town as well. If he can clear customs in Uganda and catch his plane in Tanzania...

Maybe we can all get together for a poetry reading? You and Kimosabe are on the "A" list of course.

A hearty round of Kumbayas are in order!
Last edited by DeucesWild on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby d_baker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:43 pm

anna wrote:
d_baker wrote:Anna, your original post has parts that belong in the Like a Soap Opera thread. ;)
anna wrote: Where's the "Like a Soap Opera" thread when you need it?

anna wrote:- the view of Mt. Massive from my office window ... it's not distracting at all, really! :wink:

Hey now, what I do when I'm alone and staring at the mountains is my own business. :wink: [-X :-" O:) :-$

That's not the part of your op that I was referring to.... ;)

Postby d_baker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm

SilverLynx wrote:
d_baker wrote:But what if I am the Deuce?

Oh yeah, I'm thankful for my precious....

Postby Neil » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Fletch wrote:I'm thankful for PCU, circa 1994, and a then-still-balding Jeremy Piven with a still-cool-to-this-day George Clinton:

Droz: Ok, now it's true, the majority of students today are so cravenly PC, they wouldn't know a good time if it was sitting on their face, but there's one thing that will always unite us and them. They're young. They may not realize it yet. They've got the same raging hormones, the same self-destructive desire to get boldly trashed and wildly out of control. Look out that window! That's not a protest! That is cry for help! They're begging us...
[shouts]
Droz: Please have a party! Feed us drinks!
[Continues shouting]
Droz: Get us laid! Aahhhhhh!

Can you BLOW ME where the PAMPERS IS?
"On the edge of the porch in the warm evening night
Throwing the bone for the dog I see two passing lights
Well, I wonder where that driver's bound
Is there someone, somewhere, someway out there that I've not found"
-Driving Song

Postby d_baker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm

I do more than google myself....

Postby Johnson » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Let me help d_baker out here:

I am thankful for getting the heck out of Omaha and returning to Colorado!! \:D/ - d_baker
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby rking007 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Cool thread.

Deep things

- I'm thankful for my family - my amazing ridiculously patient and compassionate wife and best friend, I know she worries about me when I'm chasing adventure but still roots from the sideline. My kids, who daily break the areas of my heart that have hardened from life and rewrite the sarcasm and criticism with wonder and joy.
- I'm thankful for my job - I still drive to work every day loving it. I mean seriously, I watch movies for a living. So far, I just under a year, I have seen about 800 films and shows while I rest in the fact that I have health insurance and can pay my bills every month for the first time in over ten years.
- Self-reflection, humility, and an ever difficult choice to be a teachable person

Un-deep things

- Coffee
- Salad
- Meat - all of it - but I do concur that pork of the bacon type is tops
- Lego video games - especially with my 7 year old
- 14ers - the wealth of living knowledge at my fingertips - you guys all kick serious ass, thanks for allowing new guys to the sport into the fold - Bill this site is unmatched and truly unique
- The playground we call the rockies
- Books
- Grilling - a pinch of salt and pepper on chicken, beef, or pork - ONLY flip once and don't press down on the meat! Fire is cool but you'll stop wondering why it's so damn dry.
- Sierra Trading Post (through 14ers link of course)
- Backcountry live chat customer service
- REI - when I know what I need or just want to waste a few hours
- Sleep - because I don't get much of it with three tiny kids and 5pm to 1am work schedule
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Postby LuLuLuv » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm

What a refreshing post Anna! I have pretty much stopped visiting this website because I've gotten so tired of clicking on a forum post expecting to read some good information only to find it has once again turned negative.
I am thankful for my good friends, new ones that I have met and old ones that have been in my life forever. I am thankful for my family, particularly my parents who will watch their granddog anytime, even if it's last minute and of course I am thankful for LuLu, she brings joy to my life and puts a smile on my face everyday.

PreviousNext