Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Postby kimo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm

DeucesWild wrote:I am very hurt that Kimo is apparently not a Deuce fan, because I am a huge Kimo fan. I'm ashamed to admit that my MENSA brain can't always grasp his poetry, but I appreciate it.

There's nothing wrong with love. In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to profess that I am in love or falling in love. In fact, that person may have already posted to this thread.

Deuce...I meant nothing personal by throwing you under the bus. Sometimes it just has to happen that way.

I have no beef with you(s) or anyone here. In fact I enjoy the cheese.

And Deuce: Screw Mensa. Let go of the left brain death hold and come play on the right. Love is a good start. Freaky love even better. Obsession is bad. If that happens, go here for a rebalance:
http://deadhomersociety.com/2012/09/

In less than a day I have surpassed my post allotment for the entire month. So in the immortal words of the good Doctor....

You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!
Last edited by kimo on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby bergsteigen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:46 pm

I am grateful that the year of the 'bad country song' is coming to an end, and that the upcoming year holds much more promise. Truck is repaired, cat came back, house is finally fixed, etc.

Oh yeah, and that my year old mead can finally be drunk! :iluvbeer:
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby Upstate Hiker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Exiled Michigander wrote:
lordhelmut wrote:
I've heard Deuces is 2 people.

Whoa. Upstate Hiker must be into some kinky stuff then. Good for her.

I am also grateful that I learned who I can trust with my secrets. So.... you all will never know :-#

Postby Upstate Hiker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:21 pm

And yes... that is a big shout out to a few of you.

Postby dehrlich101 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 pm

I am thankful for San Juan sunrises

IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG (258.95 KiB) Viewed 389 times

I am thankful for the fall colors

IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG (329.28 KiB) Viewed 389 times

I am thankful for good friends

IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG (220.07 KiB) Viewed 389 times

Also thankful for my family, a good job, ability to be active, long drives, powder days, beer, the feeling of a good run, books, and good music.

Cheers everyone, wishing you the very best for the upcoming holidays.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:49 pm

I am grateful for the countless hours I've devoted to trail running and the benefits I have noticed.

My job is pretty cool too if you like sitting at a desk....

Edit: Nice one Daniel! Also would like to add meeting some awesome people from the site...such as Kimo and Anna this past Sunday on Bear! (Anna was more of a re-meeting I guess)
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm thankful for Ian over at my R.E.I. - that guy is always super nice and helps me immensely with my gear purchases. :-D

Also thankful for the people who run the Leadville Hostel (where I've stayed 3 times), and the Raven's Rest Hostel in Lake City. It is so nice to have a warm bed before a hike, and their hospitality is greatly appreciated! =D>
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Exiled Michigander » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:28 pm

SilverLynx wrote:Also thankful for the people who run the Leadville Hostel

+1. Wild Bill and Cathy are amazing people . . . salt of the Earth.

Postby DeucesWild » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm

kimo wrote:Deuce...I meant nothing personal by throwing you under the bus. Sometimes it just has to happen that way.

I took no offense, Kimosabe. You don't have a bad bone in you, so I knew there was no ill wind a'blowin. How'd you like that little poetic flourish? Kinda Dylanesque, I think.

And, since we're giving thanks, I'm always thankful for this wonderful place to socialize, and for continued tolerance from those above!

(all of whom are fair and beneficent deities who only occasionally set things straight for which we are truly thankful)

Oh, and BTW: that shot of the San Juan Sunrise was spectacular, Dehrlich101! It makes me horny for the SJs!
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby kushrocks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:39 pm

I am glad Anna started a thread where we could say what we were thankful for rather than continue complaining about stuff. Life can be tough enough without focusing on everyone's negatives.

This may have been said already but I am very thankful for this website and all the amazing and sometimes inspiring information it provides but even more so the great people I have met through 14ers.com and out in the mountains especially the last few years. It doesnt hurt that I have an amazing girlfriend who I love more than anything and a great family as well. I really don't need much else other than what is mentioned above. Life is good.
Attachments
Bill and Dave's Finisher.jpg
Some of the countless friends I have made in the mountains and thanks to 14ers.com
Bill and Dave's Finisher.jpg (109 KiB) Viewed 390 times
IMG_0998.jpg
My two amazing sisters and parents who live back in California. I miss them tons.
IMG_0998.jpg (49.94 KiB) Viewed 390 times
IMG_2055.JPG
The love of my life Annie (marie123) and I in my home town of San Francisco for Christmas last year.
IMG_2055.JPG (85.34 KiB) Viewed 390 times
Last edited by kushrocks on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby Bean 2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm thankful that The Golden Boy has changed his avatar because the previous one makes me vomit. Coincidentally, my vomit usually looks like the jacket he's wearing in that avatar.
I'm thankful for my calves and how awesome I am too.
gdthomas wrote:

Bean, you're an idiot 2.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com/

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Fletch wrote:And finally, I'm also thankful for PC load letter.

(and if you all aren't laughing by now, then you just might not have anything to be thankful for) :lol:

fletch - I'm laughing cause I used my company's color printer for an 87 page pdf file for Moab Slot Canyons, which I'm thankful for of course.

PreviousNext