Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Anti-Festivus Airing of Non-Grievances

Postby DeucesWild » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am

kimo wrote:
Exiled Michigander wrote:
kimo wrote:
I am thankful of Love. And I am thankful for faeries.

That may be the lamest thing I have ever read on 14ers.com.

I am thankful that later this afternoon Deuces Wild will likely jump all over this bulls**t thread and I will be entertained at work.

Buy roses often? You have no imagination or wit. Especially if you rely on Deuces for entertainment. You are in the wrong thread. Try this one:
http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=33074&p=462621#p462621

I am very hurt that Kimo is apparently not a Deuce fan, because I am a huge Kimo fan. I'm ashamed to admit that my MENSA brain can't always grasp his poetry, but I appreciate it.

There's nothing wrong with love. In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to profess that I am in love or falling in love. In fact, that person may have already posted to this thread.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby CarpeDM » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 am

I'm thankful for songs like this.

The world needs a little cheese sometimes - especially around here lately.
"Skepticism is the first step towards truth." - Denis Diderot
"It is not what the man of science believes that distinguishes him, but how and why he believes it. His beliefs are tentative, not dogmatic; they are based on evidence, not on authority or intuition." - Bertrand Russell
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
"Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory And I ain't saying it ain't a fact. But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory And I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly. But I choose to let the mystery be" - Iris Dement

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm thankful for cheese and bacon together, or even bacon and chocolate, or bacon maple Voodoo donuts, or bacon and brown sugar, but no beer that tastes like bacon. f**k that. Bacon Mac at TRiNiTY Brewhouse I'm most grateful for.

I'm grateful for the feeling of floating when it snows a lot. I'm also grateful for the chance to hone your skills and build character on ice when it doesn't snow for a while.

I'm grateful for Jethro Tull, Chipotle, Peppermint Patties, Salt N Vinegar Pringles, Flylow's Customer Service, Avalanche Forecasters, US Special Forces, Doug Coombs, Topo Maps, Avery Dugana, the price point of La Gunitas Hop Stoopid, climbing partners that don't bail on you, climbing partners with an interesting perspective on the world, Winter Park, Little Cottonwood Canyon, The Weminuche, Buffalo Wings, The Mountain Project iphone App, Subaru gas mileage and snow driving performance ratio, 16 ounce Gordon's, Pellegrino Blood Orange soda, Trader Joe's Chocolate covered salt encrusted almonds and last but not least Jimmy Johns in the backcountry.

That all being said, life ain't a bed of roses, so its good to have both a grievances and non-grievances thread to balance things out.
Last edited by lordhelmut on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm

anna wrote:
Upstate Hiker wrote:Given Deuce's location update, maybe it won't be so cold inside my tent Saturday night. :-"

Upstate Hiker wrote: I fell in love with a man, a place and a mountain chain. And that love taught me that I am capable of anything. I have never felt stronger, more alive or more comfortable in my own skin. My life is so good, and I am thankful every day.

DeucesWild wrote:In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to profess that I am in love or falling in love. In fact, that person may have already posted to this thread.

:-D Cue the violin music...

P.S. Where's the "Like a Soap Opera" thread when you need it?

I've heard Deuces is 2 people.

Postby Exiled Michigander » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:48 pm

lordhelmut wrote:
I've heard Deuces is 2 people.

Whoa. Upstate Hiker must be into some kinky stuff then. Good for her.

Postby tommyboy360 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 pm

lordhelmut wrote:I'm also grateful for the chance to hone your skills and build character on ice when it doesn't snow for a while.

“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby Ridge runner » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:16 pm

I'm thankful for getting to spend all next week in and around Moab. I used to think you could see pretty much all there was to see in a couple days around there, but there are so many hidden gems.

Postby Matt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 pm

I have absolutely no grievance with, and am in fact darn thankful, for all the folks I've met this year who have done any or all of the following with me:

climb peaks (esp in Washington)
ski powder
drink beer
eat bbq in my back yard

These things bring good people together, with the help of 14ers.com, against which I hold no grievance whatsoever.

lordhelmut wrote: Bacon Mac at TRiNiTY Brewhouse

This was all I could think about last night as I headed north on I-25 back into Colorado. Mac and Bacon + Flo IPA on cask are so good that grateful seems like an understatement.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:50 pm

I am grateful for Beverly Hills Cop and the fact that, after over 25 years later, it still makes me laugh pretty hard. I'm grateful for Axel Foley, Taggart, Billy, Bogomil and of course 80's bombshell Jenny Summers.

Postby bergsteigen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 pm

lordhelmut wrote:I am grateful for Beverly Hills Cop and the fact that, after over 25 years later, it still makes me laugh pretty hard. I'm grateful for Axel Foley, Taggart, Billy, Bogomil and of course 80's bombshell Jenny Summers.

It's been awhile since I've seen this movie (the original, that is). Saw it in theaters when it came out. Probably the only 7yr old in the room with my grandparents. Watched it 50+ times as a kid on good old VHS...
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Beer
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

Postby Chicago Transplant » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:31 pm

-My family, which includes a new addition this year (a 2 1/2 week old niece whom I can't wait to meet).

-That I get to live literally surrounded on all sides by the things I love to do outdoors, and yes, the view of Beaver Creek out my office window is way too distracting - especially in ski season.

-That work is getting busy again and we don't need to be on reduced pay. (but that might be a grievance too, it was nice having Wed's off last winter to ski!)

-For all the great friends and hiking partners I got out with this year, and to the ones that I didn't - we'll get out again soon.

-The 50% improvement in fuel economy my new car has vs the old one that has made San Juan trips not cost a fortune in gas.

-Variety; whether its the 5 types of mustard in my fridge, the mountains in a host of different mountain ranges and elevations, seasons that change, finishing one project at work to start a new one, to finding new places to eat and explore on the road. Variety truly is the spice of life.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

PreviousNext