Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

I have a woody!!!!

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: I have a woody!!!!

Postby JDip » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:12 am

I know I'm not reading an argument over a crash pad :lol:
I want to know the thoughts of God. All the rest are details. -Albert Einstein

It's not the height of the mountain that makes it great, it is the mountain itself. -J.D.

Postby jdorje » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:46 pm

TallGrass wrote:
jdorje wrote:... I just find it strange. ...

As I found it strange not to see a crash pad (like can be seen in the pics of other woodies posted) in light of "there are 7 established routes"

Fair enough. Concrete is no joke, especially on a 13 foot high wall.

I'd probably have made the initial comment differently. "Make sure you put priority on adding a crash pad; even short falls on concrete can be cause serious injury and as an outdoor climber you may fall into a heuristic trap of misperceiving that risk" would have made me stop and think. Others might see it as preachy I suppose - but personally I love it when discussions turn to technical issues.
-Jason Dorje Short

Postby Shawnee Bob » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Impressive! I have a friend in OKC who is building a wall on the outside of his house. Very cool idea, and I love that your munchkin is already testing holds.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Fletch wrote:Very cool Tuba. Very cool.

Price of admission is a six pack, yes?

Hmmm... maybe we should just do a Denver Happy Hour at my place....? I would probably have to limit it to about 15 or 20 people but it could be a fun way to get some of us together.

I don't have any new photos but we now have about 14 routes and the rope is installed complete with a Silent Partner belay system for solo climbing. The Silent Partner is pretty dang cool, not sure if I would have the guts to lead climb solo on the thing but solo top roping is a snap. Only downside is that the drag adds about a one grade difficulty penalty and I have as yet been unable to release the thing once I've fallen on it without getting my weight off. Still pretty cool device.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Previous