Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt. Evans Ascent Sat, June 15, 2013

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Mt. Evans Ascent Sat, June 15, 2013

Postby dehrlich101 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:57 pm

I wanted to let anyone interested in the 2013 Mount Evans Ascent know that registration opens on November 23rd, and will have a special black Friday deal. The beneficiary of the race is Alpine Rescue, and they will receive a portion of each entry. The race begins at 10,600 ft, and follows the 14.5 mile road to the summit parking lot. Racing Underground does a great job putting on this race every year, and is a good way to get in shape for the summer season.

Check out the main site for additional information.

http://www.racingunderground.com/mtevans/

http://www.alpinerescueteam.org

If anyone is interested in joining me on training runs feel free to shoot me a PM.

Dan
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Re: Mt. Evans Ascent Sat, June 15, 2013

Postby DaveSwink » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm

I am almost healed up from the patellar tendonitis that I picked up running Pikes Peak Ascent......so, sure signing up for a race up another 14er sounds like a good idea. :lol: I will be ready for Lookout Mt training runs in a couple of weeks, Daniel.

Thanks for the heads up on the registration deal. Seems like all of the summer races are starting to pull in registrations right now (except PPA). It's getting expensive paying for all of my summer fun right now.

Postby dehrlich101 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 pm

dswink wrote:I am almost healed up from the patellar tendonitis that I picked up running Pikes Peak Ascent......so, sure signing up for a race up another 14er sounds like a good idea. :lol: I will be ready for Lookout Mt training runs in a couple of weeks, Daniel.

Thanks for the heads up on the registration deal. Seems like all of the summer races are starting to pull in registrations right now (except PPA). It's getting expensive paying for all of my summer fun right now.

Good to hear you're in for Mt Evans again this year! Hopefully it won't be as electrifying as last year :oops:

Anyone else planning on signing up?
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

LOJ

Postby smoove » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably do it again.

Out of curiosity, does this sucker count as a qualifier for the Pikes Peak Ascent? Or do you have to do a half or full marathon?

Postby Andymcp1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:06 pm

I'm in!! I would love someone to train with, or have some longer runs with. I am doing the half in Pueblo on December 1st, and the Imogene pass trail run in may. I should be in good shape for it, not sure how fast I will be though.

Postby mtgirl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Andymcp1 wrote: I am doing the half in Pueblo on December 1st, and the Imogene pass trail run in may.

Just a heads up.....the Imogene Pass Run is on 9/7 and registration is on June 1st and will sell out in a few hours. Unless there's a different Imogene Pass Run that I'm not aware of.

http://www.imogenerun.com/
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Postby Derek » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:17 pm

dehrlich101 wrote:Anyone else planning on signing up?

I'm planning on it. Ran the route a couple times this summer for fun to see if it was something I would want to do. It'll be fun to do it in the actual race without worrying about getting smacked by a car. :)
"All dolled up in gabardine..."

Postby dehrlich101 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:22 pm

smoove wrote:Thanks for the tip. I'll probably do it again.

Out of curiosity, does this sucker count as a qualifier for the Pikes Peak Ascent? Or do you have to do a half or full marathon?

Smoove, doesn't look like this counts as a qualifier for PPA.

From their website.. http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/entry.htm#FAQ

Q: I train a lot and/or know I can do it and/or I have raced some other distance or race (10k, 10 mile, 20k, Mt Evans, Imogene Pass, 50k, 50 mile, 100 mile, 6-day etc.) which isn’t listed. Can I get into Pikes?
A: No. You must run an accepted qualifier before you register! This answer is the same even if you ran a longer distance but still made the qualifying time either overall or as a split of the longer distance. Example 1: You missed the qualifying time in a Marathon but your 1/2 split is under the needed time - this cannot be used. Example 2: You ran a 50k and got a marathon split - this cannot be used regardless of the marathon split or the 50k time.

Andymcp1 wrote:I'm in!! I would love someone to train with, or have some longer runs with. I am doing the half in Pueblo on December 1st, and the Imogene pass trail run in may. I should be in good shape for it, not sure how fast I will be though.

Andy, I'll post some dates for a few training runs in the future. Stay tuned. I think that Imogene is in September.. It would be mighty snowy on that pass in May. Mt Evans will be great training for Imogene.

LOJ

Postby smoove » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:27 pm

dehrlich101 wrote:
smoove wrote:Thanks for the tip. I'll probably do it again.

Smoove, doesn't look like this counts as a qualifier for PPA.

From their website.. http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/entry.htm#FAQ

Q: I train a lot and/or know I can do it and/or I have raced some other distance or race (10k, 10 mile, 20k, Mt Evans, Imogene Pass, 50k, 50 mile, 100 mile, 6-day etc.) which isn’t listed. Can I get into Pikes?
A: No. You must run an accepted qualifier before you register! This answer is the same even if you ran a longer distance but still made the qualifying time either overall or as a split of the longer distance. Example 1: You missed the qualifying time in a Marathon but your 1/2 split is under the needed time - this cannot be used. Example 2: You ran a 50k and got a marathon split - this cannot be used regardless of the marathon split or the 50k time.

Aha. Thanks for doing the work for me there! ;) Looks like I'll have to find a half somewhere....

Postby Andymcp1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks for the correction, I'm not sure why may was stuck in my head for that one. I started wondering why my calander had the sign up after the race :-k .

Postby DaveSwink » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Andymcp1 wrote:I'm in!! I would love someone to train with, or have some longer runs with. I am doing the half in Pueblo on December 1st, and the Imogene pass trail run in may. I should be in good shape for it, not sure how fast I will be though.

Andy, I would be glad to get together for some training runs. I usually run the Mesa Trail, or Boulder Rez but I have been looking to explore the Coal Trail in Broomfield. Mattb528 and I are running in the Rock Canyon half too. Maybe we can carpool.

dehrlich101 wrote:Good to hear you're in for Mt Evans again this year! Hopefully it won't be as electrifying as last year :oops:

Lots of motivation to run faster and get off of the top sooner!

Postby wheresgibbs » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 am

I'm hoping to do Mt. Evans and Pikes Ascent next year but we'll what the winter brings...would love to have some training buddies next summer though
Andy- I'm headed to Pueblo for the half as well!

Next