Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

New subforum idea: Grievances

Items that do not fit the categories above.

New subforum idea: Grievances

Postby AndYouSeeMe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 am

This post is only half-joking, but it seemed pretty labor intensive to make every other word pink.

I say we start a new subforum solely for grievances. Maybe it can de-clutter some good threads that take a turn for the worse.

Possible thread topics:

Elementary school bickering
People who are flaky/bail a lot
Carpoolers who don't pay their share/don't drive enough
Misrepresentation of skill level/speed/experience
14ers.com relationships gone wrong
I just don't like.....
F#$%ing Willows!
I got snubbed at the happy hour
Damn you, Bill Middlebrook

This will make everything a lot more streamlined and efficient. Instead of needing to stay up on all current threads to see these things inevitably pop up it will all be in one convenient place. When someone wants to read up and contribute to a meaningful thread they can do so, and when they want to see where this season of the soap opera is they can find it all in the new sub-forum. It should also be like off-route so you can choose to ignore stuff that you don't care about.

Since this new feature has yet to be implemented feel free to use this thread to air any grievances you have with me right here.
Last edited by AndYouSeeMe on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New subforum idea: Grievances

Postby pvnisher » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

It's a Festivus Miracle!

Now on to the Feats of Strength.

Postby TravelingMatt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 pm

AndYouSeeMe wrote:Since this new feature has yet to be implemented feel free to use this thread to air any grievances you have with me right here.

No matter how many 13ers I do your total is always a few higher than mine. So for crying out loud stop climbing them.

Also, I hope your avatar doesn't mean your genre of choice is trance (it sort of looks like the inside of a club with disco balls on the ceiling). I'm a progressive house guy. Trance sucks.
So pleas'd at first the towering Alps we try,
Mount o'er the vales, and seem to tread the sky,
Th' increasing prospects tire our wand'ring eyes,
Hills peep o'er hills, and Alps on Alps arise!
-- Alexander Pope

Postby DaveSwink » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 pm

AndYouSeeMe wrote:Since this new feature has yet to be implemented feel free to use this thread to air any grievances you have with me right here.

You are way too tall. It is just silly how far apart you kick steps.
Last edited by DaveSwink on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DeucesWild » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Not only are you tall, you have too many snowflakes.

Postby AndYouSeeMe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:13 am

TravelingMatt wrote:
No matter how many 13ers I do your total is always a few higher than mine. So for crying out loud stop climbing them.

Also, I hope your avatar doesn't mean your genre of choice is trance (it sort of looks like the inside of a club with disco balls on the ceiling). I'm a progressive house guy. Trance sucks.

Don't worry, Matt, not a trance guy here either. My avatar is actually a picture taken from a Phish concert. We better start climbing together so I can always stay a few peaks up on you :)

I am glad to see this thread is becoming a nice, central location for people to tell me exactly what they think of me. If this stuff was spread out over multiple threads it would simply be too hard for me to know where I stand on the forum and what I need to do to make myself a better person. :lol:

Postby CO Native » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:55 am

Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 am

My grievance: I wasn't the one to register the "L Man" sock puppet account. Two straight days of forum magic. Thank you, 14ers.com.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby I Man » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 am

SurfNTurf wrote:My grievance: I wasn't the one to register the "L Man" sock puppet account. Two straight days of forum magic. Thank you, 14ers.com.

Hey man - you just gotta accept that someone is cooler than you.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby JEyez » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:14 am

Your use of technology to successfully guide us thru the deadfall in Wild Basin went against my strict purist sensibility, your lack of headlamp slowed you down none, you hiked at least 2X faster than me...and I was sober. And wtf...cotton?

P.S. Ph@ck Phish. Trey's a noodler who needs to share some of his Percs.

(Let's get out soon, I'm about done with the FR and need an adventure)
"Damn right I like the life I live, 'cause I went from negative to positive." - The Black Frank White

"There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk." - Jean-Paul Sartre

http://www.hedrickdata.com/livinthedream

Jeremy Isenhart

Postby Floyd » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 am

I Man wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:My grievance: I wasn't the one to register the "L Man" sock puppet account. Two straight days of forum magic. Thank you, 14ers.com.

For the record, I have nothing to do with it (nor do I have any idea who it is) but I will forever take credit for the idea.

And AYSM, my grievance with you is simple. You gotta suck it up and climb hungover sometimes.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason

Postby I Man » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 am

Floyd wrote:
I Man wrote:

For the record, I have nothing to do with it (nor do I have any idea who it is) but I will forever take credit for the idea.

And AYSM, my grievance with you is simple. You gotta suck it up and climb hungover sometimes.

Dude - I've seen Aaron down a bottle of schnaps, smoke a stogey and then start hiking at 2am and RUN past all of us. He knows how to party.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Next