Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (November)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (November)

Postby jam6880 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 pm

What time does the raffle start? I will be there around nine pm so don't start without me if you want my money!!!!

Postby Rodd Tundgren » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 am

I have never been to one of these Happy Hours and plan to attend this one.

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:36 am

jam6880 wrote:What time does the raffle start? I will be there around nine pm so don't start without me if you want my money!!!!

For you, Jerry, I'll start the raffle around 8:45. I'm surprised you're still interested in the mountains now that Calendar Summer is over.

Seriously though, the raffles are usually around 7:30 or 8, which is when these things seem to peak. Given tonight's special cause we might wait a little later to allow as many people as possible to participate. I agree with Carl on the $2 raffle tickets, or three for $5. Lots of good stuff to be had, and it all benefits a great organization. Have two beers instead of one and you'll be saving $2 anyway.

I should be there around 6:30.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Scotzman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Looking forward to making my first happy hour and donating to the cause. :) Oh and of course enjoy a brew or two :mrgreen:
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby bhess86 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:51 pm

I have an evening meeting at 7 :( , but I'm still going to try to make it for a beer or two. I've never made it to one of these happy hours.
Benedicite montes et colles Domino, laudate et superexaltate eum in saecula.

Postby tommyboy360 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:02 pm

WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE FALLING ROCK IN DECEMBER. I will take this issue up with Surf next week.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Thanks again Jeff for coordinating this and for putting together the mountain booty raffle.

And thanks too, to the 1st timers, some who've lived in Colorado their whole lives, and some who've been here for less than a month, for making it out for their first 14ers.com happy hour!
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Scotzman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:46 am

Had a great time meeting everyone and trying some new brews and donating to a great cause! Looking forward to doing it again. :-D
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby Bean » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:23 am

Strange Brewing Co. is a great place, it was nice to come out again. Big thanks to CookieHiker for the cookies and chocolate covered bacon.

I woke up to see that some lame little home-brew supply store in Mass. is threatening a lawsuit against Strange Brewing. http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2012/11/strange_brewing_trademark_threat.php
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks to everyone who made it out last night, it was great to see old friends and make a few new ones. On top of it all we were able to raise a few hundred bucks for Friends of Berthoud Pass. \:D/

Next month's will indeed be at Falling Rock.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby dillonsarnelli » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:46 am

SurfNTurf wrote:Next month's will indeed be at Falling Rock.
reunion tour

nice work raising cash too Jeff!

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 am

dillonsarnelli wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:Next month's will indeed be at Falling Rock.
reunion tour

nice work raising cash too Jeff!

I deserve absolutely none of the credit. That goes to Carl and Mandy, as well as the donors (Wilderness Exchange and Eddie Bauer Park Meadows).
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

PreviousNext