Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby tommyboy360 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 am

No can do on the Thursday happy hour since I will be at this show... Sorry Jeff, we'll "meetup" next week. Give me a shout if anyone else will be at the Ogden tomorrow.

"The Conductor" is a standard on any running, mountain or snow playlist for me. I never grow tired of this song. CONTROL!

"Shoom" is the opening track from my "favorite" new album (so far) of 2012 and it came out at the very beginning of the year... I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO IT. So stoked Trust is opening up for the Faint tomorrow at the Ogden. Danceable electro goth is doing it for me in 2012. All you Romney voters are in need of some goth and this track will make you want to dance to the darkness you currently feel.

Someone please send me a PM around 11ish if the 14erHH is going strong and I will join up for closing time shenanigans. Obviously, you will have moved to a new location.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby marie123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:58 pm

SilverLynx wrote:

I like this song a lot! Puts me in a good mood.

Ok SilverLynx, while it seems to be rumor that you have terrible taste in music (as mentioned in the way off topic 13er book thread), and while I am usually inclined to disagree with you on most things :-D, I gotta give it to you on this one - great song and great band.

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:25 pm

marie123 wrote:
SilverLynx wrote:

I like this song a lot! Puts me in a good mood.

Ok SilverLynx, while it seems to be rumor that you have terrible taste in music (as mentioned in the way off topic 13er book thread), and while I am usually inclined to disagree with you on most things :-D, I gotta give it to you on this one - great song and great band.

Thank you! :-D I'm glad people like this one, as I agree most of my music selections are fairly obnoxious. :oops:
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby kansas » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:28 pm

"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby Johnson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 pm

No cowbell in this tune but Bonamassa is a monster.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby Fisching » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:45 pm

I figure I should get at least one post in this historic (that's a polite way of saying "never ending") thread.

Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby kafka » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Fisching wrote:I figure I should get at least one post in this historic (that's a polite way of saying "never ending") thread.

Bandwagon boy.
Dogs suck. Especially big stupid ones.

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Despite going to CU Boulder, not a huge fan of DMB but this is a pretty cool song....

Fish, thats the stupidest, most entertaining thing I've seen in a long time. I thank you good sir.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby Sweet Surprise » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Bob Dylan cover at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival:

Postby planet54 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 am

"The world is a great book,of which they that never stir from home read only a page." St. Augustine
"Climbing K2 or floating the Grand Canyon in an innertube;there are some things one would rather have done than do." Edward Abbey

Postby FamousShoes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:21 pm

This whole album is on constant repeat in the Kickapoo household.

PreviousNext