Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Simon Yates @ Neptune 11/6

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Simon Yates @ Neptune 11/6

Postby Upstate Hiker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 pm

I went home and ordered a hammock, just in case I need to hitchhike on a boat somewhere. Yates got me amped.

Postby CarpeDM » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Dave B wrote:Good to meet some of you last night, wish I could have met more of you guys sitting inside and some of you it was nice to meet for the "first time" again (cough, Dave Mattingly, cough).

Hung out with Simon and a barefooted Gary Neptune at the Sun for a couple hours after the presentation. Simon is an interesting fella, he likes scotch.

Thanks for calling me out, Dave. I deserve it. Oh, and thanks for using my full, real name. I'd forgotten that, too.

I will say, for everyone else's benefit, that your avatar looks nothing like you. Here's a better representation:

comic-book-guy.jpg
comic-book-guy.jpg (13.74 KiB) Viewed 323 times
"Skepticism is the first step towards truth." - Denis Diderot
"It is not what the man of science believes that distinguishes him, but how and why he believes it. His beliefs are tentative, not dogmatic; they are based on evidence, not on authority or intuition." - Bertrand Russell
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
"Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory And I ain't saying it ain't a fact. But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory And I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly. But I choose to let the mystery be" - Iris Dement

Postby Dave B » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:15 pm

CarpeDM wrote:
Dave B wrote:Good to meet some of you last night, wish I could have met more of you guys sitting inside and some of you it was nice to meet for the "first time" again (cough, Dave Mattingly, cough).

Hung out with Simon and a barefooted Gary Neptune at the Sun for a couple hours after the presentation. Simon is an interesting fella, he likes scotch.

Thanks for calling me out, Dave. I deserve it. Oh, and thanks for using my full, real name. I'd forgotten that, too.

I will say, for everyone else's benefit, that your avatar looks nothing like you. Here's a better representation:

comic-book-guy.jpg

Except I usually have a turkey leg in my hand.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby RosieTheSummiter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 pm

So that's Gary Neptune! Thanks for pointing that out. I never met him before, but I did notice the bare feet and sweater - hillarious! Nice guy, and so is Simon. That was a fun talk.
It makes me want to now walk along a "gla-ci-er."
"Don't get mad, get altitude."

Postby Dave B » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:15 pm

RosieTheSummiter wrote:
It makes me want to now walk along a "gla-ci-er."

Ha, yeah I noticed the first time he said that he pronounced it glay-sure and then as his presentation went on he transition more to the proper British glah-see-er pronunciation.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Previous