RJansen77 Leadville Marathon Memorial Run

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

On June 29, 2013 I will be:

Running Leadville Marathon
42%
Running Leadville Heavy Half
33%
There for support in the form of Dales/food/cheering/etc.
24%

Total votes: 33
SummitKathy
14ers: 52  2 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (2)

RJansen77 Leadville Marathon Memorial Run

Post by SummitKathy »

A heads up to all interested in running the Leadville marathon next summer in memory of Robert Jansen!

The marathon registration will open next Monday, November 5th. I would recommend signing up early as there is limited spots. Popular trail runs like this can fill up quickly.

Does the marathon sounds like a little bit too much for you but you're still interested in running for Rob? There is also the Leadville Heavy Half Marathon (15.46mi) which is run on the same day at the same time. Registration for this also opens on November 5th.

Rob ran this race in June 2012 and killed it. He placed 33rd overall with a time of 4:48. He was an amazing runner, and an even more amazing person. Let's get a group together and run this legendary marathon in his memory!

http://www.leadvilleraceseries.com/page ... l-marathon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by SummitKathy on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”-John Muir
I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Re: RJansen77 Leadville Marathon Memorial Run

Post by I Man »

Best of luck to all those running in Rob's Honor.
Last edited by I Man on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.
metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Post by metalmountain »

I am totally down for this.
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem
Upstate Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Upstate Hiker »

If I'm not down South, I'm totally in. IMan - where in Peru?
I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Post by I Man »

DELETE
Last edited by I Man on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.
Upstate Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Upstate Hiker »

Nice. I was in Peru for 2 months. I climbed Volcan Misti and did a lot of trekking. I loved the area around Huaraz. Depending on how life goes, I'll be down there again for at least all of our summer.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

Ok let's get this thread back on track and thinking about Running for Rob. Kathy I love this idea, Rob would be proud. I can't run this with me knee but I will be there all day to support everyone and maybe get a cooler or two filled with gatorade, water and tons of Dales Pale Ale for everyone at the end of the race. I think it would only be fitting to have a kick ass camp out and bbq somewhere near leadville that night and I know Rob would love this idea as well. I can take care of that so all you marathoners can focus on the run. This will be awesome.
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

I'm with Ryan. Not a runner myself, not even for the half, but I'll be there for support.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
Bean
14ers: 45  45  10 
13ers: 9 4
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

Registering on Monday for the full. Marathon PR or bust.
"There are no hard 14ers, but some are easier than others." - Scott P
http://throughpolarizedeyes.com
metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Post by metalmountain »

kushrocks wrote:Ok let's get this thread back on track and thinking about Running for Rob. Kathy I love this idea, Rob would be proud. I can't run this with me knee but I will be there all day to support everyone and maybe get a cooler or two filled with gatorade, water and tons of Dales Pale Ale for everyone at the end of the race. I think it would only be fitting to have a kick ass camp out and bbq somewhere near leadville that night and I know Rob would love this idea as well. I can take care of that so all you marathoners can focus on the run. This will be awesome.
I agree, I like this idea :-D
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem
MountainMedic
14ers: 58  3  1 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MountainMedic »

Great idea! If the ankle allows it, I'm in for the marathon. If not, I'll try and walk the half. My goal is to run this strong in 2014.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

I've always been in for "running" something... even if it's "running" a half-marathon... I'll run as Rob's worst half... I don't even know what that is; his inability to grow adequate facial hair or something. In running I can only wear his worst side since he was so much better than most of us in that regard. It's still a position of honor.

And by running I mean running the first three miles and last three...or two.. blocks.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus