Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

A basin expansion

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: A basin expansion

Postby Rich H » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:19 pm

I love the old lifts...A lift at Copper...I can ski that all day...or the Iron Horse at Jane used to be one of my favorites - Pallavicini lift at A-Basin.
"If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world."

Re: A basin expansion

Postby Jtjohnso24 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Just posted something about this in the Vail thread and missed this one. This is terrible. The Fingers/Beavers area is the best lift access terrain on I-70. It will be ruined now. It only takes one person that cannot ski one of the fingers to scrape off all of the snow up top. The result will likely be skiing something similar to the Lake Shoots at Breck. Steep, icy, and overrated. The cool terrain features of the Beavers will still be there, but you'll need to get there early after they build the lift. Sooner or later, enough has to be enough. The Basin doesn't have the parking to handle the larger crowds. Breck seems to be able to expand forever up highway 9. With traffic getting worse every year, I'm curious to see if we hit some sort of maximum capacity where it's simply not worth it anymore.

Previous