Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (November)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Denver Happy Hour (November)

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 am

Sorry this took a little while to get posted, we were working through some details. We've also decided to host this shindig not on the first Thursday of the month as usual, but on the SECOND Thursday, Nov. 8. Why, you ask? Because the first Thursday is the day after Halloween and we figured everyone would be tired of being festive for a few days. The Happy Hour will return to the FIRST Thursday of the month in December, which will also mark the one-year anniversary of rebooting these things.

Some exciting stuff for you this month -- we've found yet another new brewery, Strange Brewing, to host us. They've agreed to stay open until 10 p.m. and take $1 off all beers for our group.

So, since you'll have an extra $1 per beer burning a hole in your pocket, why not spend it on a raffle ticket for a chance to win awesome prizes on behalf of Eddie Bauer Park Meadows and Wilderness Exchange? Here's the best part: all proceeds will benefit Friends of Berthoud Pass, which provides vital free avalanche awareness clinics throughout the Front Range. Raffle tickets will be $2 a pop and three for $5.

Friends of Berthoud Pass is a grassroots collective of backcountry enthusiasts committed to preserving the legacy of public recreation at Berthoud Pass through safety, access and education.

WHAT: November Denver Happy Hour
WHEN: 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8
WHERE: Strange Brewing, 1330 Zuni, Unit M, Denver, CO 80204

Big thanks to Mandy, Carl and Mario for helping put this together!
Last edited by SurfNTurf on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Re: Denver Happy Hour (November)

Postby I Man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:09 am

I shall be there.
Last edited by I Man on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby GregMiller » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:23 am

Wow, you're getting all sorts of fancy with this shindig! And I'll be there!

Postby SeracZack » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:26 am

I believe I will attend.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 am

See you there.....
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby SeracZack » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:31 am

SilverLynx wrote:See you there.....

Lynx: "Good to see you again"
Me: "How did you know I went to CU?"

I was obviously not at full mental capacity at the last one...
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby jmc5040 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 am

I plan on being there!
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:34 am

SeracZack wrote:
SilverLynx wrote:See you there.....

Lynx: "Good to see you again"
Me: "How did you know I went to CU?"

I was obviously not at full mental capacity at the last one...

Hey, that's part of the fun of drinking beer, isn't it? :lol:
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Mindy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 am

Here's the best part: all proceeds will benefit Friends of Berthoud Pass, which provides vital free avalanche awareness clinics throughout the Front Range. Raffle tickets will be $1 a pop, but feel free to buy multiple or just donate to FOBP directly.

Glad this came together! Well done. :)

See you there.

Mindy

Postby Brian Thomas » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:We've also decided to host this shindig not on the first Thursday of the month as usual, but on the SECOND Thursday, Nov. 8. Why, you ask? Because the first Thursday is the day after Halloween and we figured everyone would be tired of being festive for a few days

Not only that, but Thursday 11/1 we'll all be busy working the phones and knocking on doors for Romney/Ryan. Thanks for delaying this a week =D>
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Bean » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Strange is in my top 3 favorite Denver breweries, glad I've got a good reason to make it back there.

FYI, Thursday nights are $1/oz steak night, though this week it sounds like it's hand-made burgers instead of steaks. The guy running the food cart out front owned the Plume Saloon and is an outstanding chef.

Come hungry.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby Carl » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks Jeff and Mandy! Wilderness Exchange is confirmed on tossing a few items in for our mini raffle. I believe Mandy is picking the stuff up today or tomorrow. Thanks to First Ascent too! And Strange so you can save a buck on beers and put it into the raffle.

Next