Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14ers in Commercial Advertising

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: 14ers in Commercial Advertising

Postby Lemmiwinks » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 pm

tlongpine wrote:The new Prius ad features the Maroon Bells (or at least a striking likeness of the Bells).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw20ssNMQlU

No Sleeping Sexton?!?!?!? :(
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby Chicago Transplant » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:56 pm

This one is not a 14er either, but the road they are driving up is the west side of Black Bear Pass (between Silverton and Telluride near Red Mtn Pass). You can see the 13er "T10" throughout the first 20 seconds or so and then at the end the Red Mtns in the background. The first time I saw this commercial and I saw the Jeep bouncing around like that I thought "no way would I drive that road", until I realized where they were and that I already HAD (in my old Xterra). My wheels stayed on the ground though, or I just took a less rough line?

"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

Postby Breckskier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:23 pm

The first time I saw this commercial and I saw the Jeep bouncing around like that I thought "no way would I drive that road", until I realized where they were and that I already HAD (in my old Xterra). My wheels stayed on the ground though, or I just took a less rough line?

I'd assume you werent' driving rally car style like the driver in that ad must have been to get wheels off the ground on those obstacles. Theres a reason its in slow mo, cause he was going 50 over that stuff.......
"If you don't do it this year you'll only be 1 year older when you do." -Warren Miller

Postby zdero1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:18 pm

US Bank allows you to chose a little avatar for your account from a series of images, one of those being the classic Maroon Bells pic.

Postby rking007 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm

No way to post a pic but, being as I have three small children, I saw on the Disney Channel the other day a show called "Good Luck Charlie" that is supposed to be set in Denver. The father of the family is an exterminator and he gets a call of an alligator in Sloan's Lake. Some bad comedy ensues and then they cut to 'Sloan's Lake' and what do they use...? The freaking Maroon Bells and Maroon Lake! Is that what people outside of Colorado think Denver looks like?
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Postby Bean » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:33 am

rking007 wrote:Is that what people outside of Colorado think Denver looks like?

Yes. I've talked to a few people who have never been to Denver who think it's in the mountains.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby jsdratm » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:50 am

Corvair Commercial on Pikes Peak! :o

Postby zdero1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 am

jsdratm wrote:Corvair Commercial on Pikes Peak! :o

"14,000'! Hard to breathe..a man takes quick little breaths, or blacks out..." :lol:

Postby MonGoose » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 am

zdero1 wrote:"14,000'! Hard to breathe..a man takes quick little breaths, or blacks out..." :lol:

I thought that was hilarious as well. I also like how the road was freshly plowed, and other tire tracks were visible along the route.

Postby schrund » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Any idea where the new Jeep X-Games commercial was filmed? http://youtu.be/Bin0opJD7TI
We did not think of the great open plains, the beautiful rolling hills, and winding streams... as "wild". Only to the white man was nature a "wilderness".
-Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Chief

Postby rocky » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Back in the late 80's, we were skiing at Snowbird when an amazing fog rolled it. Decided to do a "sit-down" lunch and wait for the fog to lift. Reached for a sugar packet for my iced tea and saw a great photo of the Aspen Highlands Cloud-Nine chairlift with the Maroon Bells in the background. Caption on the sugar pack? "Ski Utah - The greatest Snow on Earth"!!
rocky
south fork, colorado

Postby RobertPetrowsky » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Can't believe this one hasn't made it on here. Hope my link works... I can't seem to get them to. [YouTubeVideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkOBZEtFOKI[/YouTubeVideo]

Previous