Get Well Slimshady (about JUST slimshady)

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
LuLuLuv
14ers: 58 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Get Well Slimshady (about JUST slimshady)

Post by LuLuLuv »

Jeff, hope you're up and hiking soon!!
Jen (we did Capitol together, I borrowed your cigar for a good summit pose!)
jlodico
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jlodico »

Hi everyone,

Wanted to let you all know that they released Jeff from the hospital on Friday and moved him to the rehab facility which I guess is the building next door. He seems to be doing fine, eating well and is going to the gym to perform his exercises. I think his phone is functional again so you can call or text if you want. Not sure he can text back ?

Hard to believe that two weeks ago today he was caught on a mountain at 13K. Freezing his butt off and getting ready for one of the most difficult nights of his life. And tonight he's safe in a hospital room and his biggest decisions are what to order for dinner and where he can go to smoke the cigar one of his buddies brought him..... LOL :)

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers, please visit or call him if you can.

Joe
jmc5040
14ers: 58  38  1 
13ers: 30 4 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jmc5040 »

Jeff, really glad to hear that your making good progress and getting better! Hope your back in the hills soon :-D
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

http://berthoudpass.org/
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

jlodico wrote:Hi everyone,

Wanted to let you all know that they released Jeff from the hospital on Friday and moved him to the rehab facility which I guess is the building next door. He seems to be doing fine, eating well and is going to the gym to perform his exercises. I think his phone is functional again so you can call or text if you want. Not sure he can text back ?

Hard to believe that two weeks ago today he was caught on a mountain at 13K. Freezing his butt off and getting ready for one of the most difficult nights of his life. And tonight he's safe in a hospital room and his biggest decisions are what to order for dinner and where he can go to smoke the cigar one of his buddies brought him..... LOL :)

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers, please visit or call him if you can.

Joe
Absolutely awesome to hear!!! =D> I love how Jeff is already talking about getting back into the mountains. There are lots of people on here that care about you. marie123 and I are wishing you our best for a speedy recovery.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Great to hear you are doing so well, Jeff!
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Happy to hear you're out of the hospital. Hope your rehab goes well.
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

Visited Jeff yesterday. He is still cracking jokes and being himself. He seems to be doing a lot better and recovery time sounds like it's not going to be a crazy amount of time. He is eating well. I was quite jealous of the dinner they brought him. Encouraging to see.
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

jlodico wrote:... moved him to the rehab facility ... biggest decisions are what to order for dinner and where he can go to smoke the cigar one of his buddies brought him..... LOL :)
Wild guess here, his physical therapist disabled the cigarette lighter on the stair machine? :wink: Glad to hear he's on the de-escalator of recovery to getting out and back home!
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
B-Dog
14ers: 44  8 
13ers: 18 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by B-Dog »

I've been following the thread(s). Glad to hear the good news!
jlodico
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jlodico »

Great News,

Jeff should be released from the hospital today and will be continuing rehab at home till his return to work !!!!! Thanks to all for all your help, thoughts and prayers.

To anyone who knows Jeff, please reach out to him when you can. He will need some help getting things done around the house, grocery shopping and things of that nature as he is unable to drive and has limited use of his hands.

We also need help getting his truck from the hospital to his house for anyone who lives in that area that could help.

Thanks Joe
Amurph
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Amurph »

Where is the truck going from and to?