Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ed Viesturs Speaking in Golden

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Ed Viesturs Speaking in Golden

Postby smoove » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:47 pm

SchralpTheGnar wrote:Ed should have won best supporting actor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OM4LrsfX5A&feature=relmfu&t=117s

Absolutely. He is just as riveting reading from a script in his Everest IMAX movie.

Postby TheOtherIndian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Anybody got info on what time this event will end? Thanks
"There's only one thing I hate more than lying. Skim milk. Which is water that's lying about being milk" -Swanson, Ron

Postby ulvetano » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:59 pm

OK, bolting from work and heading to this badass pre-party! Somebody save me a ticket!!! Bringing cash and hoping to grab one from somebody that has an extra.

Chuck

Postby 14erkid » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Will be there. Look forward to it!
"Don't take life seriously because you can't come out of it alive."
-Warren Miller

Postby AlpineDude » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:25 pm

I'M READY FOR A BEER! WE SHOULD HAVE STARTED THIS AT 4P.M. SEE EVERYONE IN A FEW...

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Sneaking over a few minutes early once I finish one last thing...
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby kushrocks » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Ed Viesturs and then an after party with all my climbing buddies?!?!?! This is going to be one hell of a night!!! \:D/ :iluvbeer:
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby dmccool » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 pm

kushrocks wrote:Ed Viesturs and then an after party with all my climbing buddies?!?!?! This is going to be one hell of a night!!! \:D/ :iluvbeer:

All of them? [-X
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov

Postby Fisching » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 pm

kushrocks wrote:Ed Viesturs and then an after party with all my climbing buddies?!?!?! This is going to be one hell of a night!!! \:D/ :iluvbeer:

What an a**hole. And to think I was going to help break trail for this guy on Capitol this winter...
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby dillonsarnelli » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Fisching wrote:

What an a**hole. And to think I was going to help break trail for this guy on Capitol this winter...

dmccool wrote:

All of them? [-X

what they said...

Postby tehchad » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 pm

527416_10151467755228098_896921218_n.jpg
527416_10151467755228098_896921218_n.jpg (69.92 KiB) Viewed 555 times
One of my heroes met another one of my heroes tonight. I am in awe.

Postby fleetmack » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:18 am

met him a few years ago, he is a Seahawks fan, which automatically makes him cool. He did raise the 12th man flag once, which is cooler than the whole mountain thing in my opinion :)
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor

PreviousNext