Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14ers.com Boulder vs. Denver Kickball Game

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: 14ers.com Boulder vs. Denver Kickball Game

Postby Neil » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 am

Boulder may want to work on a bunting strategy instead of full-on kicks, which would almost universally result in morale-destroying shallow fly balls back to the pitcher. :faint:
"On the edge of the porch in the warm evening night
Throwing the bone for the dog I see two passing lights
Well, I wonder where that driver's bound
Is there someone, somewhere, someway out there that I've not found"
-Driving Song

Postby wildlobo71 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 am

USAKeller wrote:
wildlobo71 wrote:
denvermikey wrote:So....if a person wants to participate, but lives in neither Boulder nor Denver, do I get to choose my side or would I just go with the closest geographic proximity?

Why anyone would choose Boulder is beyond us, and if you would even consider that as an option, by all means they will take you.

They would want to choose Boulder because we feature me, an ex-pro soccer player with a strong leg to boot who will bring in all those grand slams! Come on, Bill you know that! :wink:

Even the Washington Generals (v. the Harlem Globetrotters) had one leading scorer per loss... I think their record over the past 60 years is 5-13,500 or so... :P :wink:

Oh, Bean/Bean 2 - It'll end when they enforce the 10-run rule victory for Denver, perhaps by 1:45pm.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:29 am

anna wrote:Awesome! Kimo & I may make an appearance to cheer on Team Boulder (and talk smack about Team Denver...isn't that the whole point?) if we're not still coughing, sneezing, and wheezing. Poor Denver ... hope you're ready for the smackdown of 2012. :dead

So many sick people! I have the never-ending cold right now. :|
"Find out who you are and be that person. That's what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come."
~Ellen DeGeneres

"The only journey is the one within."
~Rainer Maria Rilke

Postby KatieFinn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 pm

anna wrote: Poor Denver ... hope you're ready for the smackdown of 2012. :dead

That’s some serious smack talk… :shock: While not yet enough to change my weekend plans to attend this fine event, it is getting dangerously close… :-k

Postby Bean 2 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:12 pm

USAKeller wrote:What's up y'all...on behalf of SurfNTurf and crossfitter:

For those who haven't seen it or are not on Facebook...we are having a Boulder vs. Denver kickball game this Saturday, Oct. 20th at Scott Carpenter Park in Boulder at 12:00pm, followed by an after-[Boulder] victory at either Avery or Southern Sun. Boulder's team is showing up in blue and Denver in red. Or I guess the guys decided on shirts vs. skins?

Anyways, here's SurfNTurf's take:
(Please enjoy the event photo, which is me about to rifle the ball at some poor girl. I think she's still in the hospital. It's hard for me to contain the strength of my right arm-cannon.)

All right, so Kris thinks it's a good idea for Boulder to challenge Denver to a game of kickball. The reasons he's an idiot are:

(1) Denver has me, a pro kickballer

(2) Everyone knows Boulderites have no ball skills. Sure, they're good at pseudo-"sports" like rock climbing, mountain biking, body hair-growing and inventing issues such as global warming-- but requiring them to utilize hand-eye coordination and work with others as a team? It's going to get ugly.

Anyway, since Boulder will likely be recovering from a 30-0 shellacking in which I personally score 28 runs, we'll head to Avery or Southern Sun for postgame beers.

My take:
We all know Boulder is known to produce top quality professional athletes. If you want to win, plan on being on my team because I'm overly competitive. That is all.

I'm sure the Golden Boy does have skill handling balls, but he has not seen the likes of me. Prepare to bow down and be my bitch, and then tuck your tail and cower back to your "Turf."
gdthomas wrote:

Bean, you're an idiot 2.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com/

Postby ulvetano » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:03 pm

If boulder needs any, I'll be there

Postby B-Dog » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:56 am

I'm lol'ing at most of this thread. If you're playing kickball to win, you've already lost.

Postby dmccool » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:07 am

B-Dog wrote:If you're playing kickball to win, you've already lost.

Care to chime in here, SurfNTurf?
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov

Postby Marmot72 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 am

Go Denver!! I have confidence that the deep field of talent in Denver will overcome Boulder's superstar, USAKeller.

Looks like a ton of fun, but I have to hit a peak this weekend because I've been stuck in the low country the past three weekends.
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:03 am

dmccool wrote:
B-Dog wrote:If you're playing kickball to win, you've already lost.

Care to chime in here, SurfNTurf?

EDIT: Eh, a bit too grumpy this morning. I'll leave it at, some people just don't get it...
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby shaunster_co » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:12 am

I would be there to help Boulder win, but already have plans that day. Have fun!

Postby USAKeller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Please PM me for results because I prefer not to ruin Jeff's fragile ego by posting publicly. All I will say is that I am happy!

PreviousNext