Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Drift Peak Saturday 10/13

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Drift Peak Saturday 10/13

Postby ak47 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am

This sounds like fun to me?! Are you familiar with the route? I can/will do some research obviously but I haven't been to mayflower gulch in years. Do you know if there was summer snow lingering on the route? I'm assuming you have avy gear, I'm definitely ready for some winter suffering! I would be driving up from Boulder, so a 9 oclock start works for me. Is it snowing in Leadville yet? Alex

Postby Breckskier » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:30 am

Not snowing in Summit yet but it is blowing like a bastard right now and getting dark. I was contemplating jumping in on this but I think I'm gonna hold off for something until sunday.
"If you don't do it this year you'll only be 1 year older when you do." -Warren Miller

Postby JosephG » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:21 pm

The route up villa ridge via gold hill could not be more obvious. Simply continue up past the road towards the saddle, turn hard left, and run the ridge. I sincerely doubt there's enough snow for Avy concerns, but, obviously, conditions on the ground will dictate. A couple barrow sections on the ridge may get your attention, but nothing is a deal breaker absent unsafe snow conditions. Enjoy!
Last edited by JosephG on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ak47 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Sounds good anna you can count me in for sure. I'll plan to be at the th tomorrow between 8:30-9, driving a silver tacoma. Looking forward to the climb! Alex