Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Climbing Gym

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Climbing Gym

Postby I Man » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 am

I wanted to start a thread that anyone could use to find climbing partners for the gym this winter. There have been several large group PM's going around, but I know there are more interested people out there.

If you need a partner simply post with the day, time and gym you plan on going to, as well as any special considerations (i.e. lead belay).

I will start.

A group of us will be at ThrillSeekers tonight (Weds, 10/10) at 7pm...3 of us currently, a 4th would be great!
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Re: Climbing Gym

Postby halfdomer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:43 am

Good idea. I don't really need a climbing partner but I am open to helping out. flintster and I usually go to Rock'n Jam'n in Centennial (RJ2) on Wednesday in the evenings at about 6 for a couple hours. There's also couple other people we usually meet up there too. We're pretty open to having people join our group if they need a belayer. I won't be going there likely for couple weeks though, like 10/24 is tentatively the next time. We pretty much stick to top roping but I can lead belay if preferred.

Postby GregMiller » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks for starting this! I'm climbing at the BRC, and am generally available/there weeknights, and randomly on weekends (worth a shot to check). I'm currently toproping, but looking to get into lead climbing over the next couple weeks.
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby nkan02 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 am

I plan to check out RnJ in Thornton on weekends. Hit me up if you are up for climbing there a few hours on weekends during winter months.
Last edited by nkan02 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby I Man » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 am

farcedude wrote:Thanks for starting this! I'm climbing at the BRC, and am generally available/there weeknights, and randomly on weekends (worth a shot to check). I'm currently toproping, but looking to get into lead climbing over the next couple weeks.

I'd be happy to come up to BRC one weeknight, I have some other friends in Boulder. I can lead belay for you/help you with leading. Maybe one night next week?

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby GregMiller » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:35 am

I Man wrote:
farcedude wrote:Thanks for starting this! I'm climbing at the BRC, and am generally available/there weeknights, and randomly on weekends (worth a shot to check). I'm currently toproping, but looking to get into lead climbing over the next couple weeks.

I'd be happy to come up to BRC one weeknight, I have some other friends in Boulder. I can lead belay for you/help you with leading. Maybe one night next week?

I was actually thinking about taking their lead climbing class over the next couple weeks. That being said, I'm also only on 5.9's, so I might be a little slow for you.
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby I Man » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:54 am

farcedude wrote:
I Man wrote:

I was actually thinking about taking their lead climbing class over the next couple weeks. That being said, I'm also only on 5.9's, so I might be a little slow for you.

Nonsense! 5.9 is awesome man :-D

Postby Jon Frohlich » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:42 pm

I just recently started going back to RNJ in Thornton after a few months off. Right now just barely getting back to 5.9 since I'm out of shape a bit. Always happy to have more partners. Toproping only but might be fine with learning to lead belay once I'm back in shape a little more. Usually Tuesdays or Wednesdays are best.

Postby 14erAddict » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:03 pm

I also go to the BRC in the winter :) I probably won't be buying a membership until next month, but I'd be more than happy to teach people to lead!
"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir

Postby Magnum420 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Always looking for people to climb with in Silverthorne(Chizzled). I'm also out of shape, getting back into climbing after about 10+ years off. Learning lead belay soon. I climb 2 or 3 days a week.
Last edited by Magnum420 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was high on life till I realized it was cut with idiots!" ---Anon---

Postby B[3] » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Thrills sounds like fun. We can lead and toprope and would be happy to take turns belaying. Be there around 7.

Postby aliciaf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm

I occasionally go to RnJ2 in Centennial but not a lot. Only know how to top rope for now. Highest route I've done was a 5.10- I think.

Next