Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ed Viesturs Speaking in Golden

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Ed Viesturs Speaking in Golden

Postby zdero1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 pm

I hope he signs my copy of "Vertical Limit," the most realistic mountaineering movie ever.

Postby zdero1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Perhaps we can ask him about his opinion on crappin' on 8000ers, animal rescues on the Everest-Lhotse saddle, the over-crowded summit of Gasherbrum II, and also yell at him for promoting his books? :-"

Postby DaveSwink » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:07 pm

zdero1 wrote:Perhaps we can ask him about his opinion on crappin' on 8000ers, animal rescues on the Everest-Lhotse saddle, the over-crowded summit of Gasherbrum II, and also yell at him for promoting his books? :-"

Haha! We need a smilie for spitting coffee on your keyboard. :lol:

Postby mtndude3737 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:08 pm

zdero1 wrote:Perhaps we can ask him about his opinion on crappin' on 8000ers, animal rescues on the Everest-Lhotse saddle, the over-crowded summit of Gasherbrum II, and also yell at him for promoting his books? :-"

Don't forget to ask what is the condition of the fixed rope on the bottleneck of K2 and whether we should use it or not!
What is there, beyond the mountain, if not the man? - Walter Bonatti

The simpler you make things, the richer the experience becomes. - Steve House

Postby Bean 2 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Maybe he will offer pats on the back for disliking every single piss-poor trip report within hours of being posted?
gdthomas wrote:

Bean, you're an idiot 2.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com/

Postby zdero1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Bean 2 wrote:

Maybe he will offer pats on the back for disliking every single piss-poor trip report within hours of being posted?

If this were the case, Kushrocks and I would be beat to death.

Postby mtndude3737 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Vertical Limit on Netflix, yes! First question for Ed: would the first 3 death falls have happened on 6 shooter if they would have used BD cams instead of Metolius?

Postby smoove » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 pm

mtndude3737 wrote:Vertical Limit on Netflix, yes! First question for Ed: would the first 3 death falls have happened on 6 shooter if they would have used BD cams instead of Metolius?

Yes!! Thanks for letting me know. I'm watching right now. I feel that re-watching this movie will dramatically improve my self-arrest skills. And if those don't work, I'm gonna try some sweet dyno cam placements to get myself out of a jam.

Postby caveman_ug » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Vertical limit is my favorite comedy!

Postby caveman_ug » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 pm

I meet Ed at Rei for a book signing something like 9 years ago and he was royally cool. I showed up early and the door to the room was open so my friend and I went in and talked to him. Granted we caught him before he was buried in rookies asking for advice and exchanging the typical banalities and defending himself against people who think her its a douche but..... Well he was cool as f#+k with us. He had a half hour jovial intelligent conversation and was happy to just hang and have a cup of coffee. Sorry anybody else had a different experience, he must have been having a suuuuper bad day

Postby mtndude3737 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:06 am

smoove wrote:Yes!! Thanks for letting me know. I'm watching right now. I feel that re-watching this movie will dramatically improve my self-arrest skills. And if those don't work, I'm gonna try some sweet dyno cam placements to get myself out of a jam.

That's too funny. The other day I strung some fresh webbing for the leash on my ice axe, and then I went to test the "hang by your ice axe with one arm technique". I challenge anyone to hang on one arm by the leash for more than 30 seconds, especially while holding a 200 lb dude, his pack, AND a bottle of nitro! THEN swing the dude 30 feet to a ledge, all at 24,000 feet.

But really, greatest climbing movie of all time:
stallone-cliffhanger.jpg
stallone-cliffhanger.jpg (61.78 KiB) Viewed 1018 times

Who needs a coat at 20,000?

Postby M1keey » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Ticket purchased...now the only question is how to get Ed to go hiking with us all on Friday!

PreviousNext