Wetterhorn/Uncompagre Thurs/Friday

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Wetterhorn/Uncompagre Thurs/Friday

Postby kushrocks » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Anyone interested in Wetterhorn or Uncompagre Thursday or Friday? I just got laid off ](*,) and need a couple mental health days in the mountains. If anyone would like to come it would be great to have some hiking partners. I could possibly consider Wetterhorn/Uncompagre in one day on Thursday considering the weather on Friday isn't looking to hot.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Re: Wetterhorn/Uncompagre Thurs/Friday

Postby aliciaf » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Bummer, that sucks! I'd be up for it tomorrow since I'm off work but I work Thurs/Fri. :?

Postby shaunster_co » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:55 pm

kushrocks wrote:Anyone interested in Wetterhorn or Uncompagre Thursday or Friday? I just got laid off ](*,) and need a couple mental health days in the mountains. If anyone would like to come it would be great to have some hiking partners. I could possibly consider Wetterhorn/Uncompagre in one day on Thursday considering the weather on Friday isn't looking to hot.

Damn, a few of us just decided to undo our Uncompahgre plans for something closer Thursday morning due to the system moving through. We decided on Massive SW side - it's no Uncompahgre but you are more than welcome to join. Likewise, I was thinking of heading for a few SJ's next week with either with Lacee or Elle (mountain woman), repeats or not. If you need more health days next week, let us know!

Postby kushrocks » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Hmm, what peaks are you going after next week in the san juans?

I might consider massive. I've done that route before a while ago. It was fun and scenic.

Postby shaunster_co » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Personally I would like to do Sunshine / Redcloud, I have been putting them off saving them for a snowboard decsent but considering all the awesome snow we have had... I might as well just do them.

There was talk of heading back to the Wilson's, but I think we were leaning for Wetterhorn / Uncompahgre but possibly doing them from the back side north (via Cimarron on the middle fork / cockscomb trail), or if time is pressing - the standard route.

For Massive, I think we are just going to meet at the SW TH (upper) around 6-6:30 Thursday morning - if you change you mind and want to join us. Lacee will be in on the one, she's a pretty strong hiker (damn crossfit people) :lol: