Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Wetterhorn/Uncompagre Thurs/Friday

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Wetterhorn/Uncompagre Thurs/Friday

Postby kushrocks » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Anyone interested in Wetterhorn or Uncompagre Thursday or Friday? I just got laid off ](*,) and need a couple mental health days in the mountains. If anyone would like to come it would be great to have some hiking partners. I could possibly consider Wetterhorn/Uncompagre in one day on Thursday considering the weather on Friday isn't looking to hot.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Re: Wetterhorn/Uncompagre Thurs/Friday

Postby aliciaf » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Bummer, that sucks! I'd be up for it tomorrow since I'm off work but I work Thurs/Fri. :?

Postby shaunster_co » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:55 pm

kushrocks wrote:Anyone interested in Wetterhorn or Uncompagre Thursday or Friday? I just got laid off ](*,) and need a couple mental health days in the mountains. If anyone would like to come it would be great to have some hiking partners. I could possibly consider Wetterhorn/Uncompagre in one day on Thursday considering the weather on Friday isn't looking to hot.

Damn, a few of us just decided to undo our Uncompahgre plans for something closer Thursday morning due to the system moving through. We decided on Massive SW side - it's no Uncompahgre but you are more than welcome to join. Likewise, I was thinking of heading for a few SJ's next week with either with Lacee or Elle (mountain woman), repeats or not. If you need more health days next week, let us know!

Postby kushrocks » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Hmm, what peaks are you going after next week in the san juans?

I might consider massive. I've done that route before a while ago. It was fun and scenic.

Postby shaunster_co » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Personally I would like to do Sunshine / Redcloud, I have been putting them off saving them for a snowboard decsent but considering all the awesome snow we have had... I might as well just do them.

There was talk of heading back to the Wilson's, but I think we were leaning for Wetterhorn / Uncompahgre but possibly doing them from the back side north (via Cimarron on the middle fork / cockscomb trail), or if time is pressing - the standard route.

For Massive, I think we are just going to meet at the SW TH (upper) around 6-6:30 Thursday morning - if you change you mind and want to join us. Lacee will be in on the one, she's a pretty strong hiker (damn crossfit people) :lol: