Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski the 14ers movie

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Ski the 14ers movie

Postby oldschoolczar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:55 pm

I'd love to see this movie and I'd be willing to pay to see it. However, since that's not an option, is it available online anywhere, perhaps as a torrent?
"Tonight I'll shave the mountain
I'll cut the hearts from pharoahs"
-Tom Waits

Postby Mountain Jon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

I'd love to see it to.. Would it be legal if he added a copy of it, with the purchase of the book? That way no money is being paid for the film and we still get to see it.. :-k

Postby Bean » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:33 pm

taylorzs wrote:No money can be collected for it. That is the problem and why it is not out and available to the general public. It is a kick ass movie though, if you get the chance to see it.

If no money can be collected for it, he could release it free via the internets today without issue. Unless he's timing it for some self-promotion campaign it doesn't make sense for him to not have done it already.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby PaliKona » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:06 pm

The trailer on youtube is sick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0LWsZ9n80U

So wish this could be released.

Postby lackerstef » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Awesome!

Postby lodgling » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Waiting for the interpretation of the regs to catch up w the times? Wow that trailer makes me wish it wasnt October . . .

Postby taylorzs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Bean wrote:
taylorzs wrote:No money can be collected for it. That is the problem and why it is not out and available to the general public. It is a kick ass movie though, if you get the chance to see it.

If no money can be collected for it, he could release it free via the internets today without issue. Unless he's timing it for some self-promotion campaign it doesn't make sense for him to not have done it already.

Like I said, in the part just before quoted above, that was my understanding of the situation.
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." Edward Abbey

www.14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com
www.zachtaylorsnowboarding.com

Postby RoanMtnMan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:47 am

Dav doesn't have total ownership of the movie rights, so it's not all on him. Otherwise, Zach's description of the situation is accurate from what I know.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby SchralpTheGnar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:55 am

I can't believe I just saw that trailer now, unbelievable style on the 14er descents.

Postby metalmountain » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 pm

I approve of the soundtrack. Nice to know Chris enjoys some Atreyu from time to time :)
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby DeucesWild » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Spoiler Alert- protagonist achieves his goal.

Postby lodgling » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:31 pm

If you mean he achieved his plan B goal, then yes.

PreviousNext