Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Shav & Tab - Oct. 7, Sunday

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Shav & Tab - Oct. 7, Sunday

Postby IkeB » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 am

I will be up there on Thursday. Will update you guys if there are any adverse conditions.

Postby davebobk47 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 am

I am curious about the deadfall, I know much of it has been cleared but still not sure what to expect.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality." -T.E. Lawrence

Postby Mindy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am

IkeB wrote:I will be up there on Thursday. Will update you guys if there are any adverse conditions.

Great! Thank you!

Postby YooperJonKornely » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:52 am

davebobk47 wrote:I am curious about the deadfall, I know much of it has been cleared but still not sure what to expect.

The deadfall has been cleared, I did Shavano about 2 months back and they had it cleared already. I was planning on these 2 for this weekend, my trip up Shavano was great but weather kept us from gaining Tab as well, so I'd love to stand on that summit too! There is a lot of camping space about 100 yards up from the trailhead, I hope to meet some of you up there! (Look for the blue Honda Element, that's me :) )

Postby davebobk47 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks for the info. I also have done Shavano (years ago) but was unable to hit Tab. I'll be driving a rental as my car is in the shop (Silver Chevy Impala)
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality." -T.E. Lawrence

Postby 14erAddict » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Anybody interested in driving up in the morning? I'd be coming from Westminster :)
"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir

Postby fahixson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:32 am

Hoping to join this hike on Sunday. Will know my plans for sure this evening and will respond on the meetup site if I can make it.

14erAddict wrote:Anybody interested in driving up in the morning? I'd be coming from Westminster :)

I would be driving up in the morning as well. Sent you a PM if you're still thinking about this hike and interested in carpooling (although I see the PM is still sitting in my Outbox rather than Sent, assume it will eventually reach you).

Postby jeffmpls » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Unfortuntaely I cannot make it this Sunday, but plan to hike them on Monday. If anyone would like to join me for Shav & Tab, on Monday October 8th, let me know.

Postby zephyr_pelicante » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Hey all. I'm interested in doing either Shav / Tab on Sunday or La Plata. I'm in Golden so if anyone is headed that way I'd love to car pool and save money on gas. PM me or post here.
-Colby

Postby Dan_Suitor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 pm

I'll be heading out in a little bit. I hope to be at the Shavano/Tabeguache Trailhead around 6:30 and will be in a silver GMC pickup. Looking forward to the climb.

Postby zephyr_pelicante » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Awesome. I believe a few of use are carpooling from Denver as well so hopefully we'll see you out on the peak tomorrow!

Postby EatinHardtack » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Well it looks like myself, screamingmarmot and lostinvail will be out there tomorrow.

PreviousNext