Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (October)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (October)

Postby MtnChick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 am

SurfNTurf wrote:I confirmed last night that the main First Ascent giveaway will be a Microtherm Down Shirt. They'll also likely have gift cards, Buffs, hats and powerstretch gloves. For those not familiar with Eddie Bauer/First Ascent's return policy, if you win something and you'd prefer a different size/color/style, all you have to do is take it in and swap it out. Thanks to FA for supporting these growing Happy Hours!

Powerstretch?? I think there may need to be a dance off to earn those bad boys....

Postby GregMiller » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm

I haven't been to this place before, do we need cash, or are credit/debit cards all right?
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby jblyth » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:05 pm

farcedude wrote:I haven't been to this place before, do we need cash, or are credit/debit cards all right?

Was there this weekend, CC and DC are accepted. Pretty cool place....

Postby mrmuffins00 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:08 pm

jblyth17 wrote:
farcedude wrote:I haven't been to this place before, do we need cash, or are credit/debit cards all right?

Was there this weekend, CC and DC are accepted. Pretty cool place....

Yes, and they serve beer the size of your head! :iluvbeer:

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:56 pm

I should be there around 5:30. We have four tables reserved...I think on the patio. Bring that down sweater that's been sitting in your closet all summer. Go on. You know you're excited about it.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby ameristrat » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:05 pm

:iluvbeer: :iluvbeer:

Beer the size of your head??? I'm not afraid. Can't wait - should be there a little closer to 7.
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby SpringsHiker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Anyone from Colorado Springs planning to go? I could be talked into it if there is company for the ride; not so excited about the solo trip...
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"

Postby mike_kadow » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm

SpringsHiker wrote:Anyone from Colorado Springs planning to go? I could be talked into it if there is company for the ride; not so excited about the solo trip...

You may have just missed Noel.

(I'll be taking the lightrail from the Lincoln Stn., but that's not even half your drive.)

Postby kushrocks » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:48 pm

We don't plan on missing these very often but unfortunatly this will be a time marie123 and I will be unable to make it.

Drink a beer or ten for us :iluvbeer:
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby Bean » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:12 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:I should be there around 5:30. We have four tables reserved...I think on the patio. Bring that down sweater that's been sitting in your closet all summer. Go on. You know you're excited about it.

Sounds like an occasion for a FA Peak XV.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby SpringsHiker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 pm

mike_kadow wrote:
SpringsHiker wrote:Anyone from Colorado Springs planning to go? I could be talked into it if there is company for the ride; not so excited about the solo trip...

You may have just missed Noel.

That's too bad
"I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny!"

Previous