Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
jlodico
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Post by jlodico »

Thanks to everyone and your help in getting Jeff's truck back. He was supposed to have surgery today on his wrist and fingers. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.
Tony also has his gear, phone and camera. Could we make sure this is gathered up with his truck ?
Shogun
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Shogun »

jlodico wrote:Thanks to everyone and your help in getting Jeff's truck back. He was supposed to have surgery today on his wrist and fingers. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.
Tony also has his gear, phone and camera. Could we make sure this is gathered up with his truck ?
Absolutely!
jlodico
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jlodico »

I spoke with my sister this morning, the surgery went well. The Dr was happy with the results. He is still in ICU and wearing the mask, he refuses to let the Dr put the breathing tube back in ( classic Jeff ).

He is still weak but feels better as the day goes along.

Thanks as always for your thoughts and prayers.

Joe
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

jlodico wrote:I spoke with my sister this morning, the surgery went well. The Dr was happy with the results. He is still in ICU and wearing the mask, he refuses to let the Dr put the breathing tube back in ( classic Jeff ).

He is still weak but feels better as the day goes along.

Thanks as always for your thoughts and prayers.

Joe
That's GREAT news. We're all hoping for the best possible outcome and it sounds like Jeff is well on his way. Thanks for the update, Joe... nice to see this thread turn from potential tragedy to rescue (to truck rescue) to Get Well card. Way to go, Jeff =D>
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

We wish you a speedy recovery. Hang in there.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Thanks, Joe, for the update. That sounds like great news! Continued prayers for Jeff to continue recuperating after the surgery. He probably likes the extra challenge of breathing without the tubes. He does climb 14ers, you know. :-D
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
ulvetano
14ers: 58  9  7 
13ers: 48 2 1
Trip Reports (20)

Post by ulvetano »

Awesome news. Keep getting better! And as my mom, who's a nurse would say, get those damn tubes out of you as fast as possible, even if the doctor tries to encourage otherwise!!
csmcgranahan
14ers: 40 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by csmcgranahan »

Wishing you the best for recovery Jeff. I can only imagine the mental toughness required to get through that night on the cliff. Stay tough.
scottfarish
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by scottfarish »

Great to hear about his progress. Knowing Jeff, I wouldn't be surprised if he is requesting a fine cigar and the hospital's best single malt... in some sort of IV drip form :)

on a side note, Part 1 of the truck recovery should be taking place right about now
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

He just had an operation. That means they put him on a liquid diet the day before. I expect Jeff is eating everything he can get them to bring him and now he’s anxious to get out of there. Take care of yourself Jeff. Heal well.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
michaelgrundy
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 49 2
Trip Reports (21)

Post by michaelgrundy »

Good luck Jeff. Get well soon!
LuLuLuv
14ers: 58 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (1)

Post by LuLuLuv »

Thanks for the update Joe. Still sending get well wishes Jeff's way!