Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Boggy B
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 777 76
Trip Reports (40)

Re: Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Post by Boggy B »

pkripper wrote:Scott.
I have a friend that lives on some acreage outside of Redstone. He has driven that road for 30 yrs. I don't think he could get it to Denver, but could get it down and park it on his property until someone could pick it up. Let me know if you want his help.
That would be huge! I'm heading to Durango on Friday (see below).

Paste from an email thread on the same:
Ok, so it looks like a 2 hour affair to bring the truck to Marble. Here's what I can offer

Friday 10/5 - Coming from Denver, can drop someone off in Marble/Redstone/Paonia. The truck would have to be there or separate arrangements made to retrieve it then. This person would also want to pick up the gear from Bill. Looking to leave Denver early afternoon.

Tuesday 10/9 - Coming from Durango, can give someone a lift to the truck and help them get it down. Anyone in the area who can drive stick and spare 2 hours. This would likely be after dark, maybe late PM. I can also pick up the gear and bring it back to Denver.

Neither option looks super convenient for anyone but please let me know if one of those ideas could work. If I weren't already taking off Mon-Tues I'd just go get the truck tomorrow. Going to be really expensive if it sits up there all winter.
michael
Perea
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 150 1
Trip Reports (26)

Post by Perea »

Id be willing to pay for gas if anyone can get it. Fall colors are in full affect and would be a nice Saturday drive.
SnowAlien
14ers: 58  57  58 
13ers: 652 118 15
Trip Reports (111)

Post by SnowAlien »

You may want to try contact giarcd (Craig) , he helped to organize the 14ers Fall gathering the week prior and has strong connections in Marble. See if he can help.
Mike Cormier
14ers: 45  9 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mike Cormier »

If it's any help, I'm happy to volunteer my services in this effort. My details: I live in Denver, could take off work on Friday if needed, pretty experienced driving 4x4 roads, don't mind paying for gas. Whatever it takes.....
denvermikey
14ers: 51 
13ers: 166
Trip Reports (12)

Post by denvermikey »

I may be able to help. I can drive down Saturday. I have driven LKB road before. I would need a second person to go with to drive his truck back though...

Send PM if needed.

-Mike
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - David McCullough Jr.
Rock-a-Fella
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rock-a-Fella »

Great to hear that Slim is on the mend!!!

I am going with another to LKB TH and the S-Ridge in the am (Thursday) Can bring truck to Marble, Carbondale or Aspen if it helps. Need key and instructions on location of drop. Who ever is taking "Lead" needs to email or PM me ASAP if that proposal helpful is helpful.
scottfarish
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by scottfarish »

Sent you a PM. Drafting a second PM right now to coordinate the second part of the relay. This climbing community just rocks! Thanks for coming together to support Jeff.
IkeB
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 50 1 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by IkeB »

Get well soon jeff.

I could help out Friday am if needed. I will be in the leadville area with my own vehicle on Thursday. Just need to be back in loveland by 6pm on fri for work. As a wheeler I don't think the leadking road is bad at all. Pm me if you guys still neeed a hand.
James Dziezynski
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by James Dziezynski »

Hey Guys --

If you don't have it dialed in yet, I'm more than glad to help recover Jeff's truck. I'm in Boulder so I could easily drive up with one of the Denver guys.

Awesome to hear Jeff is on the mend.
“Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted.” — Sian Ford
JJJR
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by JJJR »

Sorry I can't help with my time (wife is having surgery tomorrow). If anyone needs snack, gas, food money for the recovery I am willing to chip in. PM me if needed.

Glad Jeff is improving. Thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and those involved with his rescue.
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you...while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." H.S.T.
broncotw
14ers: 48 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by broncotw »

I am praying for Jeff and his family....

Dr. Jon -- job well done! If I am EVER in need of such assistance on a mountainside, and you resuce me in that manner, feel free to write whatever you desire!
Ted from TEXAS!
Shogun
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Shogun »

Enormous thanks to everyone who has volunteered to help get Jeff's vehicle out of Lead King Basin. We have coordinated/finalized plans to get his truck back to Denver (amongst a few different parties) so all set on that front.

Thanks again to everyone for all the positive thoughts and wishes.

Michael