Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Bill Wood (WildLobo71) & David Jones - FINISHERS!

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Re: Bill Wood (WildLobo71) & David Jones - FINISHERS!

Postby moon stalker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Congrats Bill!
LIFE is what happens when plans go awry.

Postby Jesse M » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Congrats Bill!! This is way cool, I don't post on this type of thread usually, but you are one of the few members on this site I have been on a climb with, Bison in the winter. I have always enjoyed your posts and hope now that you are a finisher you won't be leaving us, your voice of reason is much needed!

Postby EVEREST DREAMS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Congrats lets hit some centennials.

Postby ketel1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Baby bro Bill, I would not have missed this for anything! You have been on a roll all year, and were accompanied by a terrific array of climbing friends who kept on keeping on. I admire you and your group, and hope there are others out there that will become my good friends while helping me attain my goals, too-whenever that urge kicks back in. :) David-I am so thrilled Zolo and I were able to surprise you with HER joining you for your big day! The look on your face was so worth it! Thanks to Otina and the Gurlz for making this a MOST memorable finisher. You all are terrific, and we are all so lucky to belong to such a close-knit and caring group. Lastly-could the day have been more beautiful? The Gods were looking out for us all that day...oh, and Bob-you ROCK for driving out from OK to make the climb, with no acclimatizing, and then leaving during the night to make it home and to work by 4pm. You are crazy, and we appreciate it very much! One more thanks to all of you I met on prior climbs, or met for the first time, for re-igniting that fire and desire in me to hit the hills, breathe that fresh air, and get back on that rocky horse. I have missed it so! ;)
Beth
"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." ~Christopher Reeve

Postby Wish I lived in CO » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Good Work!
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2

Postby nyker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Good work guys!

Postby Rock-a-Fella » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:00 am

Way to go!!! I'm getting my note pad out, KFC chicken, champagne,Scotch (is that single malt?) .......kilts and lots of friends!!! almost forgot, good weather!

I am going to PM all you guys for my finisher and yes you have to come back Greg. Love seeing you all and all the smiles on a mountain

Postby dmccool » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 am

Rock-a-Fella wrote:I am going to PM all you guys for my finisher and yes you have to come back Greg.

Peter - I'll be there - as long as it's not Snowmass.
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov

Postby Shawnee Bob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 pm

ketel1 wrote:Baby bro Bill, I would not have missed this for anything! You have been on a roll all year, and were accompanied by a terrific array of climbing friends who kept on keeping on. I admire you and your group, and hope there are others out there that will become my good friends while helping me attain my goals, too-whenever that urge kicks back in. :) David-I am so thrilled Zolo and I were able to surprise you with HER joining you for your big day! The look on your face was so worth it! Thanks to Otina and the Gurlz for making this a MOST memorable finisher. You all are terrific, and we are all so lucky to belong to such a close-knit and caring group. Lastly-could the day have been more beautiful? The Gods were looking out for us all that day...oh, and Bob-you ROCK for driving out from OK to make the climb, with no acclimatizing, and then leaving during the night to make it home and to work by 4pm. You are crazy, and we appreciate it very much! One more thanks to all of you I met on prior climbs, or met for the first time, for re-igniting that fire and desire in me to hit the hills, breathe that fresh air, and get back on that rocky horse. I have missed it so! ;)
Beth

Beth, I wouldn't trade last weekend for anything. Thank YOU for being a good hiking and climbing buddy, organizing this shindig and for you and Bill letting me be a part of it. Sometimes we need something crazy to inspire us.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/

Previous