Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Re: Help: Jeff Lodico aka slimshady

Post by SurfNTurf »

Best wishes to Jeff for a full recovery, and to family and friends going through trying hours.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
oldschoolczar
14ers: 45  1  1 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by oldschoolczar »

Hang in there Jeff.. you are obviously one tough muther! Is Snowmass cursed or something.. that mountain terrifies me..
“what matters most is
how well you
walk through the
fire” -Charles Bukowski
Tornadoman
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 266 35
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Tornadoman »

Sending out positive vibes for Jeff from Kansas. Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery!

Andrew
Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.
James Dziezynski
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by James Dziezynski »

Agreed, Snowmass was in a bad mood this year. Good show for all of those involved and again, speedy recovery to Jeff.
“Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted.” — Sian Ford
Alpine
14ers: 55 
13ers: 21
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Alpine »

Praying for a quick recovery for you Jeff.

Paul - kudos to you and your friends for your efforts.
"You know I've always loved you...and you know I always will." Third Day
uwe
13ers: 45
Trip Reports (0)

Post by uwe »

Very glad to hear you are alive.
Hope you have a speedy and full recovery!
MatB
14ers: 22  1  1 
13ers: 98 4 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MatB »

In my prayers, hope for a quick recovery!
"Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived,'"
- Dalai Lama, when asked about what surprises him the most about humanity
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

Boggy B wrote:Jeff, no surprise you survived a cold night on the mountain. Pull through this, brother, we've got to make some more night runs on the ice! I don't think anyone's repeated "Retard's Traverse" after our FA.. :lol:
=D>

To his love of mountain goat pictures :lol:

Or climbing first winter ascents on North Table in a full on snowstorm. Or our epic bivy after an ascent of the North Buttress of El Diente in fall. (What the hell were we thinking?) Or the 4rth class traverse high in RMNP in a full on snowstorm..to our awesome climbing road trip to Rainier...Too many memories buddy....and how could I forget that celebration cigar after Rainier. Or your tent flipping over after a 40 below night. Or your tent and 40 below bag blowing away into the distance off Longs Peak! Life is short my friend and you have experienced it...Get well and experience it some more! Ice is already in.

If any guy could survive a night up there, it would be Jeff. He probably set up the tent for the night with his 40 below down bag. He is always so so prepared. His pack was probably around 50 pounds when mine was super light for a day trip. Happy for the better news today then yesterday. Hope it continues that way.
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
jlodico
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jlodico »

This is his brother Joe Lodico
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

marie123 and I are sending Jeff and everyone involved our best. Feel free to reach out to us if we can help.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
ameristrat
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (9)

Post by ameristrat »

I'll echo what kushrocks said there - if we can do anything to help please let us know.
Dr_Jon
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Dr_Jon »

Hello Everyone,

This Is Dr. Jon Kedrowski, I got to Slim Shady yesterday morning a couple of hours before SAR arrived on the scene. I have posted new details and photos to my blog on my website at
http://www.jonkeverest.org/blog/2012/10 ... -2012.aspx

Please pray for Jeff, he is going to make a full recovery, I am sure of it. Thankyou to all the people who helped out including Katie, Tony and the rest of the West Elk Mountains SAR teams.

All the Best,

Jon Kedrowski, Ph.D.
Mountain Geographer, Author, Sleeping on the Summits: Colorado 14er High Bivys
http://www.jonkeverest.org/ORDER-SLEEPI ... MMITS.html