Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Your WORST summit photos?

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Re: Your WORST summit photos?

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 pm

jrbren_vt wrote:After summitkathy's photo, this thread is over. I got nothing after that.

+1
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby marie123 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 pm

jrbren_vt wrote:After summitkathy's photo, this thread is over. I got nothing after that.

Hahaha, yeah Kathy - I love that you posted your "worst" pic as a pic of Sean - lucky he isn't on her often, and probably won't know!! hehehe

Postby SummitKathy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:34 pm

marie123 wrote:

Hahaha, yeah Kathy - I love that you posted your "worst" pic as a pic of Sean - lucky he isn't on her often, and probably won't know!! hehehe

Don't tell him. I have so many like that too. He eats the weirdest stuff.
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”-John Muir

Postby Dave B » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:59 pm

I have a picture of me holding a flag with a political message on it, but then I threw it away because I realized hauling flags with political messages to the tops of mountains to have my picture taken with them is ridiculous.

Edited to tone down offensiveness.
Last edited by Dave B on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby 2giqs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Mount Jefferson, North Carolina

boone sep 2010 034.jpg
boone sep 2010 034.jpg (266.43 KiB) Viewed 517 times

Postby DeucesWild » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Dave B wrote:I have a picture of me holding a flag with a political message on it, but then I threw it away because I realized hauling flags with political messages to the tops of mountains to have my picture taken with them is stupid.

Why don't you pass that on to harrise?
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby TeamDino5280 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:10 pm

SummitKathy wrote:Hiking makes you hungry for just about anything. Here's Sean snacking on Conundrum. Not exactly a photo you brag about.

I guess that is one way of solving the "summit poop" problem. :lol:
"Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person."
- Yvon Chouinard
"I try to play by the mountain’s rules instead of mine."
- Lou Dawson

Postby habaceeba » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Mmmm...conundrum

Postby geojed » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:36 pm

TeamDino5280 wrote:
SummitKathy wrote:Hiking makes you hungry for just about anything. Here's Sean snacking on Conundrum. Not exactly a photo you brag about.

I guess that is one way of solving the "summit poop" problem. :lol:

That was my thought exactly!
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby susanjoypaul » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 pm

I love my LoJ profile pic.

Most folks know that my hiking buddy Doug took that photo. What they probably don't know, though, is that I took a photo of him up there that day in the exact same outfit.

Postby Dan_Suitor » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Top of Pikes Peak with a bunch of outdoors enthusiasts. It was between this one, and a picture of the cog railway.
DSCF5755.JPG
DSCF5755.JPG (121.86 KiB) Viewed 298 times

Postby ameristrat » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:26 pm

By far my favorite part of this picture - Who drove the UHaul to the top of Pikes??
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

PreviousNext