Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Shavano / Tabeguache 9/29

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Shavano / Tabeguache 9/29

Postby ameristrat » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:55 am

Last minute, but it looks like the only real weather window this weekend is tomorrow AM. Planning on heading out from Denver either tonight or tomorrow very early - I'm happy to drive if you don't mind splitting gas. 5:30ish start.

If you're interested in joining, let me know!

Also, anyone have recent beta on snow conditions?
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Re: Shavano / Tabeguache 9/29

Postby Theodore » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:02 am

If you go, can you let me know how it is? I'm toying with making a mad dash out there next weekend for a ransacking of the southern Sawatch. Toying with Shav/Tab on one day and following it up with Bel/Ox/Mo the next...

Postby ameristrat » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:06 am

That sounds exhausting! But I'll just post up here the conditions tomorrow evening.
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby ameristrat » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 am

Just to update, I'm heading out tonight between 9-10. One other in the crew so far.

Postby Mindy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:12 am

ameristrat wrote:Just to update, I'm heading out tonight between 9-10. One other in the crew so far.

Please post a conditions report (or send PM), I have my eye on these for weekend of 10/6-7. Thanks!