Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

A strange sensation...

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: A strange sensation...

Postby highpilgrim » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:02 pm

edhaman wrote:13 is lucky number.

The fans of Judas would agree, Ed. So would some pagans.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Postby edhaman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:46 pm

So I'm in good company.

Postby Scott P » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:02 pm

He asked one of his faves to give up his kid for him (He later said He was just kidding).

Not always kidding. Read Judges 11. Jephthah actually went through with it:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+11&version=NIV

For some reason that story is usually skipped over in sunday school. :wink:
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Not according to 1 individual on this site who I shall not call out - I once mentioned Risk in the outdoors and he informed me that he does not agree that any sort of risk would be a plausible reason for heading out into the great outdoors. And that he himself does not take risk when in the back country. I found that interesting due to the fact that his avatar is a picture of him with ski's strapped to his back. There is obviously no risk in whatever activity he was about to undertake.

*skis (I made a grammatical error on a formal internet forum)
Last edited by J-RockandRockpile on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

Postby Bean 2 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm

J-RockandRockpile wrote:Not according to 1 individual on this site who I shall not call out - I once mentioned Risk in the outdoors and he informed me that he does not agree that any sort of risk would be a plausible reason for heading out into the great outdoors. And that he himself does not take risk when in the back country. I found that interesting due to the fact that his avatar is a picture of him with ski's strapped to his back. There is obviously no risk in whatever activity he was about to undertake.

Everything's risky for some people...
By the way, here's a guide for proper use of apostrophes.
gdthomas wrote:

Bean, you're an idiot 2.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com/

Postby tehchad » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 pm

I would say that you're certainly not alone, but the romance, if you can call it that, grossly skews the public's view.
I, for one, would rather skip this: http://vimeo.com/6581009

Postby Bean » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 am

J-RockandRockpile wrote:Not according to 1 individual on this site who I shall not call out - I once mentioned Risk in the outdoors and he informed me that he does not agree that any sort of risk would be a plausible reason for heading out into the great outdoors. And that he himself does not take risk when in the back country. I found that interesting due to the fact that his avatar is a picture of him with ski's strapped to his back. There is obviously no risk in whatever activity he was about to undertake.

I said that risk is not the reason I go, and that it's a foolish reason to go (not verbatim). I also said that I avoid/minimize risk when possible - not that my actions are risk free.

Reading is fundamental.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby tehchad » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:02 pm

It appears that you suffer a lot from your disease. I happen to know the cure. It worked for me, but results not guaranteed for you. I.P.A. If that doesn't cure you, the more powerful imperial ale is sure to knock it out. Take two and call me in the morning.

Previous