Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14er Dance Off Challenge!!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: 14er Dance Off Challenge!!!

Postby MonGoose » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm

We're not voting yet, just thinking of a good prize.

Bill, is it possible to get a custom embroidery one of the 14ers.com shirts in the store?

Postby speth » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:33 pm

What about a badge?
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby speth » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Alright, I posted this on Facebook, had to throw my attempt on the site:

I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby RosieTheSummiter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:18 am

MonGoose wrote:The summer is winding down quickly and so far we have seen some great dance videos (one was even featured on So You Think You Can Dance?). A few people have told me they have videos in the works, so I am going to extend the competition through the end of September. In early October, all contestants videos will be submitted to the 14er community for a vote through the forum. The winner will be dubbed 14er Dance Off Champion!

I'm thinking some sort of prize may be in order for the winner(s) but I'm not sure what they should receive. Perhaps some sort of paraphernalia like a shirt or a hat that says "Dance Off Champion"? I'm anxious to hear your ideas.

In summary, you've got two weekends remaining.
Bag a peak, film a dance and win a prize!

Woohoo, I'm not too late, then!!!!! Three of us have quite the videos to share from LDW. I'm just currently waiting to receive copies of the videos because a computer was having issues, should be any day.
"Don't get mad, get altitude."

Postby RosieTheSummiter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:20 am

By the way, what video editing software do you all use? I want to pair mine up with some music and do some subtitles.

Postby MonGoose » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:26 pm

I use iMovie because I have a Mac but you could also use Movie Maker which comes with Windows. One of these programs should come standard on your computer.

Postby HarknessHooligans » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 pm

MonGoose wrote:The summer is winding down quickly and so far we have seen some great dance videos (one was even featured on So You Think You Can Dance?)

Ok MonGoose, I had to re-submit our finished dance video where you can actually hear the music. This is the video the made it onto SYTYCD show. I think it was all because of Matt's awesome toe touch :-D

Postby RosieTheSummiter » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:09 pm

I present to you the summit dances of Redcloud and Sunshine (with a little hint of samba...) \:D/

Postby MonGoose » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Very nice Rosie. You get style points for dance choreography, video editing and the only video to feature dancing on two separate peaks.

Postby tehchad » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Previous