Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mo-Bel-Ox 9/28

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Mo-Bel-Ox 9/28

Postby illusion7il » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:31 pm

I recently did this trio and it is a long slog. There are many trip repots on this, and based on my experience its best to start with Missouri then Oxford the Belford. It will save you a little time if you drop down the backside of Missouri but there is No trail. Based on your peak list, it might be best to try out Pikes Peak via barr trail so that you know what 7500 elevation gain feels like because this will be even harder. Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck

Postby ezabielski » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:01 am

There is a trail on the Trails Illustrated maps for the Collegiate Peaks connecting Belford to Missouri via Elkhead Pass. A member of my group did this route two weekends ago and didn't report any problems, but I don't know if it's really a trail.

Postby I Man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:05 am

ezabielski wrote:There is a trail on the Trails Illustrated maps for the Collegiate Peaks connecting Belford to Missouri via Elkhead Pass. A member of my group did this route two weekends ago and didn't report any problems, but I don't know if it's really a trail.

There is no trail for this section.

Descend Missouri's standard route and head right to stay on Elkhead Pass (instead of meeting up with the trail and heading down and left towards the sing and the turn-off). Follow the gentle slope up to the summit of Belford. From the Pass it is a quick and easy straight shot to the summit of Belford.

Return to the TH via Belford's standard route.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby SolarAlex » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:51 am

gonna hit la plata tomorrow...i plan on starting around 630-7am from the trailhead in twin lakes. ill be leaving from breck, so if people wanna meet at the mt royal lot and carpool i can drive the rest of the way. shoot me a pm if you feel like coming out.

Postby KeithK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:02 pm

From Facebook:

Isaac Bohrer

Extremely frustrated by the forum today. I cannt seem to get it to let me log in. I am posting this as I need to reply to solaralex in this thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37727 that I will in fact be at the la plata trailhead tommorow morning. If someone could post that up for me it would be great. IkeB
Snow is dumb.™

Previous