Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

HEADLAMPS: My brain now hurts - need input

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: HEADLAMPS: My brain now hurts - need input

Postby herdbull » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 pm

I ordered the BD Spot for hiking and a Mammut for my night running. Thanks for the input guys!

Postby bogman2121 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:39 pm

I know you already made your purchase but another good one is this: http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/princetontecmplsremixproheadlamp.aspx?variation=5413

I'll be getting one sometime next month. Ignore the tactical assault stuff, I only stumbled across that site because of the headlamp at a decent price.

Postby prestone818 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:53 pm

love my spot headlamp. good choice

Postby sunny1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Reporting in for my new BD Storm headlamp, in case it may be helpful to someone.
Great hiking lamp - the 100 lumen bright is incredible. I can really see in the dark. You can dim it to your preference by hitting the button a few times.
For most of the trail in the pre-dawn hours, I used the lower proximity light feature (2 LEDs), no problems seeing the trail.
I did not test the water immersion feature, happy to report. :-D
Nor have I tested the battery heat sink feature yet (keeps batteries warm in cold winter conditions) - that's TBD.
It did not feel heavy on my head for hiking, but may feel heavy on my head if I tried it for running.
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.

Postby MtnClimber82 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 am

sunny1 wrote:Great hiking lamp - the 100 lumen bright is incredible. I can really see in the dark. You can dim it to your preference by hitting the button a few times.

Just curious. Does anybody else wish that the first mode to come on was the lowest, most dim setting? Seems like they all come on bright first which (for me) is by far the least used mode. IDK, just curious if anybody else feels the same...

Previous