Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (October)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Denver Happy Hour (October)

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:50 am

I feel like rotating the neighborhoods where we meet for the Happy Hours has been very successful, but I've had a stupid busy couple of weeks and let Mandy choose the venue. Of course, she picked a place in about the exact same location as last month's. Oh well. If you have a problem, PM nasty hatemail to MtnChick. We'll move it away from the Highlands in November.

The good news is, it's October and we're meeting at a new German-themed brewery.

WHAT: October Denver 14ers Happy Hour
WHERE: Prost Brewing, 2540 19th Street, Denver, CO 80211
WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4
WHO: All are welcome, but a special VIP room with a bouncer named Louisiana Lou will be reserved for those who have completed the 14ers. I'm elitist now.

I've also worked out a deal with First Ascent where we'll have some free raffle giveaways, including (probably) a down sweater. Don't say I didn't ever do anything for you.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Re: Denver Happy Hour (October)

Postby SeracZack » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 am

Zack accepts with pleasure the kind invitation of Mr. SurfNTurf to happy hour drinks Thursday, the fourth of October at six thirty.

Had a blast at the last one. Wouldn't want to miss this one.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby BenfromtheEast » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 am

I'll be there. I am the third person in history known to have completed the RSVP for this event. BOOM!!

Postby GregMiller » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:32 am

I'm in.

Also, can anyone provide a projector? I was thinking this would be the perfect venue for a screening of Vertical Limit.
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby ameristrat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 am

farcedude wrote:I'm in.

Also, can anyone provide a projector? I was thinking this would be the perfect venue for a screening of Vertical Limit.

I can't provide a projector, but I think that's an excellent idea. I'm in - excited to make it to one and meet some of you all
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby Brian Thomas » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:00 am

SurfNTurf wrote:reserved for those who have completed the 14ers. I'm elitist now

Yes, you are elitist now. Which is why we're having our own happy hour, for non-finishers only.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/casual-lounge-englewood

And the Yelp information is incorrect, you can smoke inside there \:D/
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby I Man » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 am

I can't make this one - headed to Philly to see the Biscuits 8)

Have fun everyone!
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby jmc5040 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:47 am

Thanks for the formal invite. I will be making my first appearance at a happy hour and look forward to meeting many of you. Hopefully I won't burn all my money at REI and will have some left for drinks :-k
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

Postby aliciaf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:54 am

jmc5040 wrote:Thanks for the formal invite. I will be making my first appearance at a happy hour and look forward to meeting many of you. Hopefully I won't burn all my money at REI and will have some left for drinks :-k

That obviously means I'm in too.

Postby forbins_mtn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:57 am

i need to start making these. not sure if i can do this one because i'm moving this week. good news is that i'm moving to Congress Park, so I'll definitely be able to start making these on a monthly basis

Postby Adventure Seeker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 pm

I keep saying I should go to these events, so I am going to try and make it.

Postby Mindy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Yahoooo! I can finally make it to one of these. Looking forward to meeting you all. :)

Next