Point 13,777

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mtndude3737
14ers: 58 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (2)

Point 13,777

Post by mtndude3737 »

Does anyone know anything about point 13,777? It is .8 miles south of Mount Wilson. A few years ago, I climbed it thinking it would be a way to get over to Mount Wilson, and realized it was too daunting of a task. The SW gulley I ascended was the scariest thing I have ever done with typical San Juan loose, nasty rock. I did make it to the top, but then was too spent to continue on to Mount Wilson. I don't see it on any 13er list, so I assume it isn't on any list?
What is there, beyond the mountain, if not the man? - Walter Bonatti

The simpler you make things, the richer the experience becomes. - Steve House
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Point 13,777

Post by MtHurd »

If it's not an official peak by the 300 ft. rule it won't be on LOJ.
smoove
14ers: 44  11 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by smoove »

Barry Raven wrote:If it's not an official peak by the 300 ft. rule it won't be on LOJ.
There are a gazillion "unofficial" peaks with under 300' of prominence on LOJ. But I don't see that one.
cftbq
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (32)

Post by cftbq »

Barry Raven wrote:If it's not an official peak by the 300 ft. rule it won't be on LOJ.
Not necessarily. If you call up the map, and change the threshold elevation from 300 ft. to 0 ft., a bunch of "unranked" peaks will pop up.
I have been to the mountaintop, and I have seen the force
and the power that animates the universe. That may not
match up with your anthropomorphic or teleological idea of
what "god" is, but it's good enough for me.